f450 new battery question

dbeck0503

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have a 450, I was running a 3s 2200 battery and getting about 8-9 min out of the battery before the red light came on. Today I got a new 3s 4000 battery and got about 9 min out of it. I didnt think the weight was that much of an issue? Also I read somewhere you need to break in a lipo? Also when I charged it, it only put a little over 2000 back into the battery? Do I need to do something to break in the battery? Could it be a bad battery?[/FONT]

Rotorfreek

Did you charge it before you used it? Lipo batteries are normally stored and delivered about 50% charged, which makes sense given your recharge values...

Have you seen what it did after a recharge?

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

AK1990

Maybe try balance charging it with a small current. There are a lot of variables and unknowns here, you should try flying it several more times and see if you notice any trends or patterns.