F450, F550, Hertfordshire, UK

Rainman

Hi All,

I've been flying pretty much all disciplines for around 10 years, fixed-wing, helis, jets using nitro/petrol, electric and gas turbine. I took a short break from the hobby a couple of years ago and on my return I've been hooked on multirotors, particularly for aerial photography, but also for FPV.

I started out with an F450 with the Naza V2 earlier this year but more recently I've acquired an F550 and I've installed a Wookong-M by way of the DJI summer promotion. I've had a GoPro H3 BE pretty much since they came out and I've been very active with this camera across all my other hobbies including scuba, surfing, motor-racing (car and bikes) and mountain biking, and so the transition to taking the GoPro into the air with my RC activities was a pretty natural step and it's been huge fun and finally a great way of sharing my hobby with friends and family. On the back of all this I've then ended up doing some favours for friends of a much more practical nature including stuff like HD aerial surveying of roof tops and chimney stacks, etc. Not for profit of course, as that would contravene the ANO, certainly here in the UK. I'm considering getting licensed for 'aerial work' but my day job as an IT consultant looks after me and my family well enough and I also have another job outside of regular office hours as a close-up magician. In reality I don't really have time for aerial work but you never know when it might come in handy.

Here's an early attempt at some of my aerial filming work with friends out mountainbiking in an unused quarry :-

See you around,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonjiapps

Hey Phil. Bit of an old thread but thought I'd chance my luck :)

I'm seeing what pilots are available in my area that have PtFCO for my start-up. You mentioned you were getting into the aerial filming game...

Let me know if it's of any interest.

All the best,

Ben