F450 Battery Size?

lmills28

Hi guys am new to quadcopter.
Am going to build a dji f450 with all the dji stock electronics. Am using a naza-m lite with gps. I do want to attach a gopro on the under side of quad and it will also have light landing legs.

Want to use a 3s battery (unless convinced) wondering if a 2200mah battery would be good and also work with gopro attached. Also with the more mah is it worth the extra weight to get extra flight time or to have two smaller lighter batteries.

So which would be the ideal mah battery for a gopro and to get around 8-10 mins flight time.

Also what is the difference between using 8" or 10" props. What is better for carrying a gopro?

Would appreciate your help :tennis:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I would recommend going for a 4S lipo. Longer flight times and better flight experience. With 4S they recommend the 8" props. Higher cell count faster motors smaller props needed.

lmills28

What mah would you recommend and because 4s is heavier is it worth it and would it be harder with heavier battery? I'm a beginner would it be better with 3s?

tamulmol

I use 3s 5000 and 4s 4500. Flight time is almost the same. How you fly greatly affects the flight time, mine is 8-15mins with fpv. 4s flies better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk