Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Esc failing maybe? Drone drops out of sky on punch-out (help!)

Discussion in 'Recreational sUAS Flyers Discussions' started by MeSloth, Nov 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MeSloth

MeSloth New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Eureka CA
    Posted by MeSloth, Nov 19, 2019 #1
    Thanks for reading! I'm at a bit of a loss with this one. So I built a 6 S quad and whenever I go above about 20% throttle the motors shut off and quad is unresponsive to the transmitter. I thought it was the flight controller at first because the blackbox would end when it shut down. But I replaced the flight controller and got the same results. I also had similar results with a different ESC, it would start to glitch during flight and punch out and then would eventually drop and shut down in the same way. So now that I have replaced both the flight controller and the ESC I'm starting to think maybe I'm using a battery that is too small..need some expert advice! thanks again, here's my parts list:

Motors: MAMBA 2308 1950KV 4-6S
    ESC: MAMBA 506 50A 2-6S Dshot1200 4 IN 1 Blheli_32
    FlightController: RDQ Bardwell F4 3-6S
    Battery: 1000mah 100c 6s and a 1500mah 100c 4s (same results with both)

Heres a video of it shutting down and the blackbox. Sorry the audio is off set

Drone troubleshoot help appreciated!! (0 min 36 sec)

Tags: