DX8 Gear Setup Channel for 3-Way Camera Switcher

Hey guys,

I would like to fly with two cameras. One mounted directly on the frame for FPV and the other is my NEX.

I'm trying to set up my DX8 Gear two-way switch so I can change cameras using a 3-way switcher but it's not working. It's not doing anything when I flip the Gear switch.

Any ideas of the issue?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
What video switch are you using, whichever one you will most likely have to adjust the end points and direction of your chosen channel until it does what is needed.

Pete

What video switch are you using, whichever one you will most likely have to adjust the end points and direction of your chosen channel until it does what is needed.

Pete

Hi there,

I'm using this one. (http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/R-C-Controlled-Triple-Camera-Switch.html)

I was looking at my DX8 channel settings and I can't seem to be able to control or activate the GEAR channel. It's not listed under the Helicopter Model. However, I do see it on the Airplane mode.

I'm starting to think that the DX8 receiver is not receiving the signal from the remote control. Any idea how to use the GEAR channel under Helicopter Model?

Thank you for the help in advanced!

WillM

In Heli mode, the 'Gear' switch is called 'Mix' or 'Mix/Hold'.

Personally, I setup all of my multirotors in the DX8 in 'Airplane' mode. Multirotors do not need any of the mixing specific to helicopters, and the heli mode makes it a bit more difficult to use some settings.