Dx6i, will it work with phantom1?

John taylor

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post. So, I have a couple of P1's and one controller and also have my old DX6i that works great and was wondering if it would be a good choice for the other quad and if so how to set it up. The other thing is I would want to use it to also tilt my gimble .
Now the original transmitter was a DJI SR6 and I am looking at other used transmitters on eBay but not sure which other DJI transmitters will work but it would be nice to possibly find one with the gimble control. So any I put would be much appreciated .

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome to MRF!

You can replace the stock receivers with your Spektrum Rx, and then re-run the servo wires. It takes some modifications, but can be done. You want to be careful when modifying the Phantom because some things are glued down etc.

For programming you'll have to go through the calibration sequence in the Naza assistant software to make sure your radio switches are working correctly, and that the flight mode switch is getting the modes secret properly.

Have fun and fly safe!

John taylor

Thank you for the information I would like to know also if I could use a newer DJI radio other than the sr6 with the p1