DUMB Question about PAL/NTSC and VTX/VRX

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys,

I am testing a rig that has an on-board HDMI converter that is PAL. I can set my GH3 HDMI output to PAL, the camera signal goes into the HDMi converter into the Gimbals control box, thru it and when it comes it has leads (12V power and a video and ground) that would plug right into my 5.8 VTX.

SO.. if the HDMI converter is PAL, my cam is set to PAL and my Monitor has A PAL setting do the VTX and VRX need to be a pal version as well?
Does this even exist?

Sorry I know this is a basic question, but i have never needed to know this before as everything I have done has been NTSC!

Thanks in advance!
SC

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I don't believe so as the TX/RX are only transmitting a signal, the display of PAL/NTSC is dealt with at the monitor end dealing in scan lines and other things, having said that I have found that in my set up using a GoPro hero 3/Super X OSD and then to a Boscam TX both gopro and OSD will only work in NTSC!

Best help I can do

David

kloner

Aerial DP
if your looking in a monitor, look in the osd for the monitor for the different ntsc and pal settings and try em all. my monitors have like 7 different types and one always looks better than the rest.

the vtx/rx should go to pal automatically sensing the signal