Dropped my Spanky 250 in the dam today!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Damn it! Very wet reception but I am drying it out now, hopeful it will be okay, when I recovered it the lights were still lit on the Naze32 Acro.

Pete

dazzab

Damn it! Very wet reception but I am drying it out now, hopeful it will be okay, when I recovered it the lights were still lit on the Naze32 Acro.
Pete
Terrible news. Hope it's well soon as I should have my little 250 built in about a week which was inspired by yours. They really do need to meet up for a play date.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am hopeful most of it will dry out and work fine, it did sit in the water for about five minutes though.

We had six 250 size mini's out flying this morning, at times we have four in the air FPV flying, even had a try of some Dominator HD goggles, very nice and so looking forward to mine arriving.

FlyGirl

I dropped my 450 in a lake Pete (full FPV, OSD, yada yada) and the only thing that got fried was one ESC (HD camera got sediment in it and ruined it but FPV cam fine) so you might be good! Mine was underwater for about 5 minutes too... Did you do the swim of shame? LOL! I did.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Luckily no swimming and only about a foot of water about six feet from the edge, was wearing waterproof hiking boots as well, I did get a bit of a splash on the bottom of the right leg of my jeans though..... :upset:

SDB777

Whew, now thinking back.........the wheelbarrow collision wasn't so bad for me!

Scott (was it videoing during the crash) B

Toymaker

Crashologist
I was fishing with mine a couple weeks ago and I did a nearly perfect flip 4" off the water with a fish attached. It was submerged for 5 minutes as well. After drying it and reassembling it an ESC decided to catch fire on first throttle up. No it wasn't just smoke, Fire! It went out quickly after disconnecting the battery. I had a spare ESC and had it up and flying in short order.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
It landed here X

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dam.jpg
    Dam.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 185

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Anyhow I have good news, this afternoon I have plugged it all back together and everything is working. One bit that may be a bit off though is the TBS Rookie vTx, when I plug it in it outputs 280mW but as it warms up it drops away and after a minute it is down to 200mW, will have to find my other Rookie and test that one and see if it does the same.

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Immersion power meter. Checked with my other Rookie and that one only drops a few MW as it warms up, it will go in the Spares box, not to be trusted.