DroneVibes not responding due to a long running script

RandyWales

As per the title: this is becoming frustrating....
Viewing via Internet Explorer 11 running on Windows 7...
Any ideas?
Randall

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I am back at my desktop. Using Microsoft Edge browser (the latest) on Windows 10. I don't have Windows 7 to test on so may need a little help because I am not getting the long running script error.

What page or pages are you getting this error on? Is it the forums or the homepage? Is it every page or just certain ones?

Is there any specific info on the error message? Can you test with Chrome or Firefox so we can see if this is account or OS specific versus browser?

Thank you

RandyWales

Things are better today it seems...the problem was more or less every time I navigated to the Forum pages from the site Home page...the "Not Responding due to long running script" message was being output as I was scrolling down the Forums home page. I find slowness is usually due to Active Content loading onto a webpage but that's not usually accompanied by the long running script message. I've noticed there has been a GoogleAds URL sometimes flashing on and off in the Status Bar at the bottom of the page. I am on a fast corporate network so latency is not the issue.
I haven't experienced the issues at home on my iPad using Safari.
I'll keep an eye on things and note any specifics. I'll try Chrome and Firefox too.
Randall

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like a plan. If it happens again try the same page with chrome and Firefox at that time. If they have similar issue we know not browser specific and can focus on the IE browser. Each browser has its own quirks with certain code so anything is possible.

We have the google ads up as it gives us a little boost in having them index our pages faster.