"Drone" Radio Live, 16Dec2015, Angus Benson-Blair (@Carapau), Chairman, ARPAS-UK!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Special time!! 3:30 PM Eastern (2030 UTC)

Let's hear from you guys! SKYPE lines are open throughout the show for your calls/comments!
Two Skype contacts are available, no contact request is necessary
DroneRadioLive1
and
DroneRadioLive2

plus the news with Patrick Egan from sUASnews.com
FPV Cameras with Scott Norton
First look at the DragonRider DRAK switchable video transmitter

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The whole time? We had one glitch late in the show.

For anyone who missed it, check out the archive when it's done later tonight. Great lineup with discussion on the new FAA registration, and the differences between the USA and Great Britan in regards to regulations with our good pal Angus (@Carapau)...

My first time manning the controls, so be gentle :)

ProfEngr

I had to give up. Youtube app kept freezing in a constant spinning circle. Probably on my end. Sometimes just vid would freeze. I'll catch the archive.

Bartman

Archive link has been added at the top of the first post.

Please subscribe to the youtube channel if you like what we're doing with the show! :)

Thanks!

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I watched most of show- visitor turned up during TX review.
I enjoyed it overall. There was some very useful content. Would a few thoughts from an ex live TV director be welcomed?

Bartman

I watched most of show- visitor turned up during TX review.
I enjoyed it overall. There was some very useful content. Would a few thoughts from an ex live TV director be welcomed?
very welcome, would a SKype call be easier than typing ti all out? I don't want your fingers and knuckles getting worn out with all of the suggestions a pro might have to offer!

Bartman

Thanks for watching the show Prof.! I think I misspoke regarding my comments about the Walmart guy, I'm pretty sure it was at the 2015 CES show and not NAB. The point remains that Walmart's "drone"-clueless, I just had my show wrong.

ProfEngr

I only noticed one possible error and it was so minor I can't remember it now. Think it was in the 1st 1/2. I might actually get to watch the next one live if my app will cooperate. Heard some good info on FPV last night. I need to see if I can get an inexpensive headgear for my cell to practice with the Dromida. It records decent 720p to the SD with only minor jelly and if I stay fairly close the wifi feed might be real-time enough to fly.

FAA definitely needs to "shake hands" with the CAA from what I heard this morning. I'm on so many govt lists with other "toys" in my collection that one more shouldn't matter. It's just the principle of the thing and how it got rammed through that gets me.

Thanks for the work you put into maintaining this site and producing the 'webinars.'

AzViper

Dang I missed the live show but in the process of watching. Kinda difficult to sit still long enough to get through a 2 hour show. I had a right knee replacement on Tuesday. When will be the next live show take place so that I can post the link in my Facebook group?

Bart I have to say you look clear and focus. Lighting in the studio is great, very little shadows and separation between you and the background.

AzViper

Remember user errors are not due to Youtube. This is a live streaming event so the issues are with your ISP and the service you have coming in.

ProfEngr

Remember user errors are not due to Youtube. This is a live streaming event so the issues are with your ISP and the service you have coming in.

4G was fast enough. App on this phone has issues with live for some reason. Works great on archives.

AzViper

You would think the big MONEY such as the motion picture industry, network TV stations, Amazon, Google, along with all the R/C manufacturers, etc. would realize that this FAA situation will impact their industries in a huge way and would have had lobbyist and lawyers working on behalf of everyone as its all about the $$$$.

ProfEngr

All of them (except mfgrs) require 333 paperwork which, AFAIK, is unaffected by this. In fact, I'd wager that they had a hand in getting things crafted as they were.

Old Man

I agree with the P.E. The 333 process follows the full scale registration standards and is part of the requirements listed in the 333 waiver if you get one. You'll register the aircraft before you operate commercially or lose the waiver the first time you're caught. If applying for a CoA to perform a shoot you will have to list the aircraft on the CoA application. The hobbyist that's flying for fun is not supposed to be making a buck while doing it and has a completely different registration format to follow. I suspect a different type of hull number as well.