Drone flying, Bahamas

scotth

I am not finding any existing regulations for commercial drone operation in the Bahamas, specifically Nassau. Does anyone have any experience there, or issues with customs and lipos? Thx.

binlagin

I flew my phantom there, no issues. Customs didn't even look twice at it.

I wasn't around many tourist areas, or people for that matter though once we left nassau.

AEA737

I read somewhere that they had to pay like 300$ in customs to get a Phantom into Bahamas. That had a bunch of professional photo equipment, but they only had to pay for the Phantom. Weird.

binlagin

My trip was last month.. so yeah... very strange.

We handed our immigration cards to the immigration desk in the Nassau airport. Then you proceed to collect your luggage and go through an area where you may be selected for additional baggage check before your allowed to leave. They signalled us through without checking our bags.

Here is a photo I took of our hotel room :)

Attachments

• QRwtYPb.jpg
    QRwtYPb.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 277

Bcook01

I winter in the Bahamas. Bringing in a phantom is a 'crap shoot'. Brought one in twice and no problem. Last time $450 usd in duties.
They look for revenue. Don't be last in line as they rummage thru your luggage. It depends on the customs agent when arriving. Nassau airport is the worst. They even charged duty on the camera. add insult to injury they charged sales tax of 7%.
paradise is not cheap!! no issues about use, just don't charge anyone for your service unless you want to be deported!
Bob

My lovely lady worked on the movie "After the Sunset" shot in the Bahamas and they had two full time production assistants (locals) whose jobs were to grease the customs wheels. Lots of $ was required to get gear and the such in from the US.

binlagin

I winter in the Bahamas. Bringing in a phantom is a 'crap shoot'. Brought one in twice and no problem. Last time $450 usd in duties.
They look for revenue. Don't be last in line as they rummage thru your luggage. It depends on the customs agent when arriving. Nassau airport is the worst. They even charged duty on the camera. add insult to injury they charged sales tax of 7%.
paradise is not cheap!! no issues about use, just don't charge anyone for your service unless you want to be deported!
Bob

We where one of the firsts ones through the bag search area after collecting our bags, that's forsure