Drone Down, ..... Owl Steals!

Zectron2348

Unreal!

New to the hobby, and was flying a little JJRC H47 this morning about 9:00 am. Was flying in a nice, grassy, water retention area across the street from my house.

Since I am new to this hobby, my morning involved numerous emergency landings and a couple light crashes. No big deal the area has plush thick green grass, and was just mowed yesterday.

Long story short, I crashed the drone about 100 feet away and slightly up one of the banks. I saw it hit the grass and sitting with one prop arm slightly above the grass. I glanced down to turn off the controler and walked over to the spot the drone was, ...... but there was no drone! For 30 minutes I looked for the drone, but it had vanished into a black hole. My wife came over and we searched and searched, with no luck.

About ready to give it up and thinking I was going crazy, crossed a street over to where there was another water retention area. Like mine it was covered with freshly cut grass, nice and flat but with trees all around the exterior.

I walked about 50 yards among the edge and then I spotted something standing way out in the flat bottom. It was an Owl, about 14 inches tall, and about 10 feet from him was my dead drone.

Only thing I can figure is he must have thought it was a bird crashing, and when I looked down to turn off the controler he swooped down and snatched up my drone.

How weird is that?