Dromida Ominus tuning

hjls3

have to admit - me and kids having tons of fun with the ominus. AND - "nice beaver" - sorry had too. :)

DesignTypeGeek

Quad-copter Newbie
This is the video that directed me here to MRF. Thanks for posting such a great video Bartman! Now if I could only figure out what the other two "trim" switches were for. Playing with them I found that one of them can make 2 rotors stop and opposing (diagonal?) rotors spin. But I'm not sure what it's for.
My Ominus seems to always drift and setting the trim doesn't really help much. Even indoors.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This is the video that directed me here to MRF. Thanks for posting such a great video Bartman! Now if I could only figure out what the other two "trim" switches were for. Playing with them I found that one of them can make 2 rotors stop and opposing (diagonal?) rotors spin. But I'm not sure what it's for.
My Ominus seems to always drift and setting the trim doesn't really help much. Even indoors.

to trim you have to push the button and hold it for a second, quick little blips don't seem to do anything.

@Old Man , thought you'd like to get in on this but we need to see the old mug smiling in the video in your case

and here's another trick to try from the folks at Hobbico, get the Ominous up nice and high, maybe thirty or forty feet and do a flip.....right in the middle of the flip cut the power to zero and the heli will come straight down on its back......hit the button to turn the accelerometers back on and add power, it will right itself and go back to flying.......

Free t-shirt (L or XL) to the first person to pull it off and post a video of it to this thread! We'll also feature it on our Facebook page (I don't know, does that motivate anyone? lol)

Good luck!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
and here's another trick to try from the folks at Hobbico, get the Ominous up nice and high, maybe thirty or forty feet and do a flip.....right in the middle of the flip cut the power to zero and the heli will come straight down on its back......hit the button to turn the accelerometers back on and add power, it will right itself and go back to flying.......

Free t-shirt (L or XL) to the first person to pull it off and post a video of it to this thread! We'll also feature it on our Facebook page (I don't know, does that motivate anyone? lol)

anybody want a free t-shirt??

Semi-stupid Ominus question that googling hasn't helped me with: What does "low battery" look like? Just a flashing LED? When you crash it hard or a prop gets bound up on something the LED will sometimes flash to indicate a problem. Unplug the disconnect and reconnect the battery to reset this. Does the low battery indication look the same as a crash? I seem to fly this thing for 10-15 minutes sometimes, and I've yet to see a flashing state that isn't prompted by a questionable landing or hit, and it's always resettable. Once I hit 10 mins I usually throw the battery back on the charger to be safe... is it possible to over-discharge these batteries? Or does it automatically cut the power when it gets too low like the blade nano? I guess I've just been too cautious to find out yet.

Old Man

Low battery looks the same as with the red light slow flashing as after you crash. A semi slow blink. It initiates a little before the battery is too depleted to maintain flight, say 30 seconds or so, before you need to be on the ground. If you ignore the change in blinking speed and keep flying the copter will initiate a very fast descent, generally level but with some directional instability, that increases in throttle or directional control will not compensate for. In short, you're going down.

I don't think you can over discharge the battery using the low battery level descent point in the Ominus. Once the battery is too low you won't get the fast flashing light if you plug in immediately after setting down/ It is possible to take off again on a low battery if you wait a few minutes for the battery to cool and voltage to creep back up. You won't be in the air long before it heads for the ground with virtually no advance warning though.

I am looking to get a few extra battery packs for my Ominus, I don't really want to pay $20 for a name brand. What should I look for in a replacement battery?

I found this no-name battery bundle on Amazon, as well as this multi pack battery charger. Are they any good?

Also, I accept your inverted -3G dive challenge.

hjls3

I totally forgot to post my results form inverted 3g dive challenge...this pretty much sums it up :) - odd enough, no prob doing it with mini and NAZE equipped heli -
View attachment 25030

Attachments

• IMG_2990.jpg
    IMG_2990.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 459

OrenDevine

Thanks for posting such a helpful video. I was really need this. I want to know what control we should use if i have to make it stationary in the air? Also to take turn which motors should i run and which to stop?

low cost pcb

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Gavin

I replaced a motor and had to hard wire as the plugs are messed up.
After rewiring , the motor i replaced turns on immediately after plugging the battery in, before binding

any ideas on this ??