DroidWorx Standard Landing Gear Upgrade

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just got these from DroidWorx. They are there beefed up landing gear legs. They are thicker, the lightening holes are a tad smaller and they lift the frame anther 30mm of the ground giving more ground clearance for the AV130 camera mount.

I have bust two sets of the original ones but I put that down to pilot error. BUT at least DroidWorx has released that we all aint bob on pilots and having a few reports of busted gear they have done something about it.

074c12f1.jpg

Ill post some better pics when I start the change over but for now I have a load of video to edit...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Here I am starting to build the new Landing gear assembly. You can see the height difference more now. The support rods now have a solid connection peice that goes right through the carbon outer so the only way the securing screws can pull out is to strip all the threads out of the rod rather than the small securing insert put out.. I will post more pics as I go.

a8329b00.jpg

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So here is the new landing gear, as you can see its got more space between the bottom of the camera mount and the floor. Its also a lot sturdier and has nowhere near as much flex as the older one

cb64fd5f.jpg

Sebbie

Nice landing gear set, they do look like they have a more ridged curve to them from your pictures. :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
If you look at the first post you can see the week spot in comparison with the new frame. Its the big holes in the top quarter of the frame, thats where mine have bust every time. I do think one of the problems though was the screw insert in the carbon support rails giving way and pulling out of the hollow carbon rail. That cannot happen now. But at least the problems have been addressed as quickly as possible. Good on DW. for a small company its good to see a proactive approach to problems that only really occur when the kit is out there being used by knupties like me! :eek: