Dreaming

Walky000

Greetings,

I'm a photographer based in Sydney, Australia. I am looking to learn about these great tools. So much to learn and so many choices with what seems like many limitations from one bird to the next. I'm looking to buy a kit and build it myself as RTF is just way to exe for me. I am shooting pro Nikon gear the D800 and D3s bodies with full array of pro lenses. I'm looking to exploit the massive resolution from the D800 to capture huge stills from the air, as well as make use of it's full HD video now Nikon have caught up to Canon in that area. with my gear I'm considering the Skyjib8 or the new LITE version of it, just need some specs for the LITE to see what it will carry and for how long with the recommended motors before I decide whether it is a better choice than the full size SJ8. I know weight, density alt etc all have an effect on how well and for how long one can fly on a battery, so getting my head around it albeit very slowly...

I had a gas heli a few years back, got it 5m off the ground before slamming straight to earth and never fixed it or bought another one. I still have it collecting dust somewhere..

ChrisViperM

A few things....:

1) Get yourself a small, inexpensive Quadcopter and play around with it just to get the feel for this kind of aircraft. It's good fun and an easy way to train if you don't have think all the time: Oh God, if I crash it, I am a poor man.....Also getting a Flightsimulater can help...

2) Contact Droidworx directly (they are great in customer support), tell them what you plan to do and get their advice. You still can decide to use different components than suggested, but you get a good starting point for your further research.

3) Get a good and reliable Remote control, preferrably a Futaba T8FG radio with FrSky TFR8 SB receivers ( the Frsky receivers cost a fraction of Futaba receivers and are totally equal in quality)

4) Apart from the advice coming from Droidworx, make yourself a check-list with all the things you need to know (Video down-link, video-converter, remote camera operation options, FPV , OSD, batteries, chargers, camera gimbal, gimbal stabilization....)

If you don't collect your knowledge in a somehow structured way you will be more confused than before you entered the dark realms of Multirotors.

A very important point will be the choice of your Flight Control.... DJI WooKong M is pretty easy to set up, but still got issues with reliability, more and more people here (mainy guys who are more on the "professional" side) are going for Hooverfly Pro...but setting it up might need a bit more knowledge.

I hope this gets you started and wish you a troublefree learning curve.....

Chris