Dragonlink UHF - Issue with PPM to control a Brushless gimbal?

I am setting up a quad with Dragonlink UHF system. Besides the fact that my 8FG will only put out 8 channels PPM (I need 10 for my gimbal and video splitter), I am now having issues setting up the pitch control with a channel from my DL recevier. The gimbal freaks out when it is plugged in. As soon as I unplug the channel, it goes to level and is fine, but no pitch control. This is on a gopro 3 Tarot 2D brushless gimbal. Not sure if this is more of a gimbal thing or a Dragonlink thing. Being I am new to using PPM, I am not sure if all devices play nice with it. I even tried running the tilt through the SuperX controller and, same thing.

1. Can Futaba 8FG send 12 channels to the 12 channel Dragonlink Rx or am I limited to 8 functional channels?
2. Does the PPM signal effect my Tarot 2D brushless gimbal? If so, how am I going to run the gimbal controls with the UHF system?

Thanks

DennyR

Test the DL channel with a servo, if it works then it is the gimbal controller that has a problem.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Do you have another traditional Tx/Rx that you can plug the gimbal into to confirm if it's working correctly or not?

I doubt that you can make the 8 channel radio deliver more than eight channels due to the DragonLink system being good for 12 channels.

Just set up a DragonLink UHF system yesterday, it went very well I'm happy to say.

I think it is a Tarot gimbal controller thing that I am not willing to fight. The Tarot gimbal works fine with standard 2.4 tx/rx. I can also get my Alexmos based gimbal to work fine through the DL signal. I am getting rid of my Tarot 2d and getting an alexmos based gimbal. There are more features I need anyway. The Tarot gimbal is great for the price, but not worth spending hours chasing a mouse.

Glad your DL install went well. It has been fun flying Dragonlink with longer range video. I can pretty much fly out at cruising speed for 5 minutes and still have video signal, I just can't duck behind the trees. The 2.4 video is now my weak link. I need to figure out a bit better range from it, but it is getting there. It takes a bit of trial and error on placing the electronics and working with different antenna configurations. I wish 1.3 video did not have such huge antenna.