Dragonlink AND headtracking? Help a noob out...

LowFlier

I did some searching today and I came up empty.

I need a better TX than my DX6i, and I'm looking at models that have 10+ channels and at least 2 sliders/knobs. I'm having a tough time nailing this down because I want to make sure it will work with an FPV setup in the future. I want a Dragonlink, Fatshark goggles, and a headtracker. I can't find enough information to determine what TX to choose. The Fatshark Dominator has the headtracking option, but this apparently requires a Futaba or Turnigy TX. Dragonlink also works with Futaba radios, but both Fatshark and Dragonlink want the trainer port. I see that the installation web page implies that I can hook the Dragonlink to a Futaba without using the trainer port, but it's only some pictures with no supporting text. I have been looking at the Futaba 10CG, but to be honest I would prefer to get an Airtronics SD-10G instead and save $250 I could spend on some other component... ack.

Has anyone here put the Dragonlink and the Fatshark with head tracking together in a single setup like this, and if so how?

Am I asking too much?

Am I just over-thinking it all due to my noob-ness?

(Note that I am open to suggestions for alternative equipment in all cases if that gives me a better solution. I'm not set on this combo, it just covers all my needs.)

Help!

kloner

Aerial DP
i would look at the futaba 8j and the immersion ezuhf, or the dragonlink, but either way do yourself a favor and get a futaba

ezuhf has a headtracker port, futaba radios just plug and play

Last edited by a moderator: