Draganflyer X4 for sale

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
NOW SOLD!

I have decided to put my Draganflyer X4 up for sale. I really need to upgrade to a larger helicopter with more payload capability. It has a couple of minor scuffs on the landing gear, but besides that, it is in 100% immaculate condition. It is normally sold with one battery, but I have bought an extra 3 batteries, which allows continuous flying when charging at the same time. Flying times vary from 8-10 minutes with a camera or 18-20 minutes without.

The X4 is a superb quadrocopter, one of the best for aerial photography and videography. The full specification can be found on the Draganfly website HERE

All of the equipment that comes with the X4:

gallery_1_16_23083.jpg

gallery_1_16_65416.jpg

gallery_1_16_47106.jpg

gallery_1_16_3070.jpg

gallery_1_16_52680.jpg

The helicopter comes with 2 custom bags, which house all of the equipment. The first bag is for the X4, transmitter, camera and batteries. The second stores the charging station, spare parts and cables.

gallery_1_16_31796.jpg

gallery_1_16_9867.jpg

gallery_1_16_40583.jpg

gallery_1_16_45377.jpg

Setting up the helicopter for flying takes literally a couple of minutes. Connect the battery, snap on the landing gear and attach the camera. Turn everything on and it's paired and ready to fly a few seconds later. Below you can see the X4 ready to fly, with the video screen attached. This gives you a live view of what the camera sees, to allow you to frame your photo. You can also use the video goggles, which plug into the transmitter. Please note that the screen is something which I have fitted, and it doesn't have a bracket to secure it to the transmitter. I was going to have something made, but then decided to sell. The video goggles come as standard when purchased from Draganfly.

gallery_1_16_20041.jpg

The X4 carries a Panasonic FX-580 camera which is remotely controlled from the ground. You can control the tilt of the camera, zoom and shutter functions. The camera takes 12mp photos and 720p high definition videos. The camera comes with an 8GB SD card, 2 batteries and charger.

Pic of the camera

The transmitter is specially designed for the X4. It has a touch sensitive screen, which displays live telemetry date, ascent rate, battery levels, altitude etc. It also allows you to adjust just about everything, including LED brightness, a buddy transmitter and warning sounds. The transmitter has warning sounds for low battery, out of range etc. It also has 2 AV-out ports, where you can plug in a screen for live camera view, or video goggles. This is specially handy when framing aerial photos.

The X4 also has an altitude hold function, which can be set from the transmitter. A second toggle switch allows you to adjust the height when in altitude hold mode.

Pic of the transmitter

Asking price is £4,975.

(New price from Draganfly is almost £8000, including delivery and import duty the UK)

This price includes:
Delivery to a mainland UK address by courier
a couple of hours training, explaining exactly how to use the heli, charge batteries, safety etc. If you live local and collect, this will be a lot easier as we can do it in person.

Either call me on 07748 646803 or email info@asandp.co.uk

Gunter.

PS: I had to remove a few images due to limitations on the forum. To see the entire for sale post, go HERE

I will also do a video of the heli flying which I will post up here ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
PS: I had to remove a few images due to limitations on the forum.

sorry about that Gunter. I keep reminding myself to increase the file allotments and keep forgetting!

Good luck with the sale,
Bart

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
No probs Bart, I had 12 images, so only 2 got left off at the end. I'll actually just see if I can post a link to them instead.

beeker_12

man, that is a sweet setup - i am a huge fan of those carrying bags! :) did you custom make those? or do they come from draganflyer? Video looked good, was it just slowed a bit in post? or did you deshake or anything?

rwilabee

Nice Video...

I get some jello effect when using my GoPro camera on my quad. I didn't notice any in your video with the Panasonic camera. Is it better than using the GoPro or do you just not get any vibration due to the camera mount or does your software smooth things out. In fact what sofware were you using?

Thanks

Rich

I made a very quick video this evening:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Rich, when I first used the gopro under the Draganflyer I had loads of jello effect. As I mentioned in another post, I used a small battery on the camera mount to give it a bit more weight, which overcame the jello problem.

This might be unique for that camera mount, because it had 4 "O" shaped rubber connectors between the mount and heli.

When doing video, I always had a fair amount of movement. Even on a calm day, just a bit too much stick put the video all over the place! I had to edit out the bad parts and then apply a bit of post stabilisation on the final video. I use Sony Vegas, which is very powerfull as well as being easy to use.

By all means, start a new thread with pics of your setup and we can have a look at what could be the problem.

Cheers,

Gunter.