does the tarot 690s comes with a power distribution hub inisde???

Handsup

Hi there guys,

I own a Dji F550. After a couple of tests, and because I was a beginner I put my throttle stick all the way down and a shut down the motors. So my F550 free fall to the ground and broke the center frame.

After that I purchase one center frame and did the soldering of all the ESC's, battery cable and gimbal. After that I start to fell much more conformable about building my own copter.

So I going to build a Tarot 690s for my Sony nex5.

I already made a nice setup and "tested" it on eCalc.

the setup is this:

Tarot 690s frame
T-Motor 2814-10 770Kv
T-Motor ESC 40Amp 400HZ
T-Motor 11x3.7 Carbon propeller
Naza M v.2+Led+PMU+GPS
3axis gimbal for Sony Nex (http://electronicarc.com/catalogo/p...=1425&osCsid=b79cf57f0c545f08a75452da433e79cf)
Graupner MZ 18 HOTT trasmiter (9 Ch)
Graupner HoTT GR-24 receiver (12 Ch)
Lipo's 4S 5000 mAh 20-30C

I think this is all i need to build and fly my drone.

I only don't know if the tarot has a power distribution hub inside like the F550.

Anyone has a clue ???

By the way what do you think about this setup???

I wiil post here some test's after put all thing together.

Thank you all

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The tarot 690 & 680 don't have the integrated PDB, only the 680pro. I have a 680pro and honestly would choose either of the other 2 options if I had it to do over again, and either solder a squid, or buy a good (rated for the proper current draw) PDB and use that. You will save some weight and seems to have more room for fitting electronics in the center section.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
My pleasure. I've gotten so much help on this forum - gotta pay it back :)

The second one is rated at 100A and should be fine.

gringers

Preoccupied
The tarot 690 & 680 don't have the integrated PDB, only the 680pro. I have a 680pro and honestly would choose either of the other 2 options if I had it to do over again, and either solder a squid, or buy a good (rated for the proper current draw) PDB and use that. You will save some weight and seems to have more room for fitting electronics in the center section.

Hey Moto,

What makes you say that you'd now choose something other than the 680Pro? I'm particularly interested because I have one en route from China so would be interested to hear what you've found out about the one in your possession!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hey Moto,

What makes you say that you'd now choose something other than the 680Pro? I'm particularly interested because I have one en route from China so would be interested to hear what you've found out about the one in your possession!

I think you'll like it just fine. But I found myself not really appreciating the integrated PDB because it made it more difficult to put the ESCs just where I wanted. The solder pads are placed where it's a little tough to get the wires to, and also the obvious choices (to me anyway) seemed to kill the folding aspect of it. I feel a squid or a separate PDB helps with that, being a little more flexible with placement. The best 680pro builds I've seen are putting the ESCs under the motor mount and running longer wires back to the power. That will probably be what happens on mine when I tear it apart, it makes for a neater build. You can research the debate on whether there should be more caps wired for this type of run. :) or many people are ordering an extra plate to stack (now 3 in total) which leaves one area just for ESCs. But again, even more weight.

When you add the extra weight because of the integrated PDB, I figure I would have maybe chosen the 690. The only think I can't recall is whether the folding mechanism locks are better on the 680pro, which would have been a factor in my decision. I researched a lot, and I think that was the case.

gringers

Preoccupied
I think you'll like it just fine. But I found myself not really appreciating the integrated PDB because it made it more difficult to put the ESCs just where I wanted. The solder pads are placed where it's a little tough to get the wires to, and also the obvious choices (to me anyway) seemed to kill the folding aspect of it. I feel a squid or a separate PDB helps with that, being a little more flexible with placement. The best 680pro builds I've seen are putting the ESCs under the motor mount and running longer wires back to the power. That will probably be what happens on mine when I tear it apart, it makes for a neater build. You can research the debate on whether there should be more caps wired for this type of run. :) or many people are ordering an extra plate to stack (now 3 in total) which leaves one area just for ESCs. But again, even more weight.

When you add the extra weight because of the integrated PDB, I figure I would have maybe chosen the 690. The only think I can't recall is whether the folding mechanism locks are better on the 680pro, which would have been a factor in my decision. I researched a lot, and I think that was the case.

Thanks for the info, very interesting to hear your perspective, I'll report my impressions as well!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks for the info, very interesting to hear your perspective, I'll report my impressions as well!

I meant to post back - I looked up the research I had done during my quest for the perfect tarot frame. It turns out that the 680pro does have the upgraded locking mechanisms - and this was the point that pushed me in the direction of the 680pro. I do want to be able to fold the hex at some point soon (built a stand in the back of my truck for it for now), so the improvments were welcomed.

You will enjoy it either way - I think for the money, all of the Tarot frames are incredibly worthy.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Hey guys. Just wanted to post a video that I think negates any issues I had with the integrated PDB. Because of the larger ESC, this guy had to ip them around, but if you have the smaller (30A) it would be even cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator: