DJI PHANTOM 4 CRASH! Tap to fly function FAIL!

Dubedits

hqdefault.jpg

Hey Guys!!
I want to post this for people that have a DJI drone so they wont make the same mistake!

Check out this drone crash! The Phantom 4 Tap to fly fails!

Check the crash here:

http://www.media.dubedits.nl/dji-phantom-4-crash-tap-to-fly-function-fail/

So what do you think what happend? And let me know your opinion about this accident!

Remember i am not the pilot of this drone so don’t hate on me!

**Remember i am doing this so pilots can learn from each other so we all get more experience etc.**
I want to make this hobby as safe as possible.

Remember guys always fly responsible!

rhsant

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm a researcher and I've done some work in vision-aided quadcopter flight. I've seen this kind of thing before and I think you've hit upon one of the limitations of a system that has only forward-facing onstacle detection. As Jason correctly pointed out the P4 sees the obstacle and tries to stop hitting the branches in front of it. Then it does a yaw maneuver, and suddenly the branches in this new direction are closer, so it tries to back away from them to maintain a safe distance - sending it straight into the branches behind it. Poor P4!

A good way to solve this is cameras in all directions or maybe even a LiDAR! But till such a product comes out, flying responsibly, as Dubedits says, is the best option :)