DJI Naza M Lite Setup Confusion / Problems

Vireaux

Hey guys I recently purchased a Naza M Lite with GPS from DJI and have been trying to get it to work with my hexacopter build. (Im upgrading from a KK2 board to this Naza m lite.) So far I have only been able to plug my naza into the computer and everything's seems to function normal. My Dx5e transmitter and receiver also are binded correctly and seem to be working with the Naza. I went through the Naza's calibration process and everything passed easy. The problem I am having is that the Naza's LED is flashing yellow very quickly and I can't get the Naza out of failsafe mode. I have read some other forums about possible problems with Turnigy Plush 30a ESC's, which I am using currently. I also read that the yellow flashing light means there is some type of connection problem with remote and naza. There doesn't seem to be one considering I can calibrate everything fine, but could be sometihng else. I'm also using a 3S LiPO 5000 Mah Battery if thats important. So if anyone could tell me how to get the Naza out of failsafe mode and into like Allti. mode would be amazing. Also how to get this yellow light to stop blinking that would also be awesome.

Happy to answer any questions and provide pictures if necessary. ~Thanks

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The yellow light does typically mean that there is an issue with the connection/bind between FC and Rx. Have you checked that you have configured the type of Rx connection correctly in assistant (sbus vs standard etc)?

There is some slow blinking that happens in the beginning when it warms up. I'm assuming though that you've let it sit for a bit to see if it changes.

Vireaux

Yeah I power the hexacopter up with my battery and I let the Naza LED take itself through the few red-green-yellow blinks and than it just starts flashing yellow nonstop until I plug it into my computer which it than turns green. If I don't plug it into a computer though, it just keeps blinking nonstop until I unplug it from the battery.
I have checked the connection type within the computer program for the naza m lite. I have mine put to tradition because that seems to be the only one when selected lets me calibrate it. Also I see values move as I move sticks around on the remote.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Double check the binding and that setting for the type of Rx connection. Otherwise, you could reinstall the firmware. You'd have to redo some calibrations etc. But if there are no other settings that are obviously wrong - might be the best bet.

econfly

Check that you have channel 7 from your radio working (NAZA calls this the "U" channel) and that the flight mode is being correctly selected in the NAZA assistant. You should be able to run the assistant and select the flight mode from your radio. If not, and your other sticks seem OK, you need to setup the U channel. This is a little extra work because the NAZA will not accept the usual high/low switch positions as endpoints. You need to move your endpoints inward to get it to work. This will be visually clear in the assistant on the BASIC / RC tab.

Vireaux

I'm using a Dx5e and whenever I flip the switch that is setup into the U channel it always goes past the setting I want it to be at. I'm not sure how to make it stop between the few channels I want it too.

ALSO, The ESC's beep every 2 seconds which in the manual states "Throttle Signal is Abnormal", for the turnigy brushless motor speed controller. Not sure if this helps with anything but here is some more info. Im trying to give you guys everything I have so we can figure this out quickly.

econfly

You may need to reverse the throttle channel (you can do this in the NAZA assistant). Other channels often need to be reversed as well. The general end result you want for the sticks is up/down results in up/down in the assistant and left/right matches left/right (e.g., you don't want throttle up to move the throttle indicator down in the assistant, etc.).

You have to fix the U channel on your radio. Find out how to edit the channel endpoints and move them inward until the U channel settings are correct. Fix this first and the rest should be easy.

Vireaux

I am using a DX5E and even after researching still can't figure out a way to make the Naza switch out of fail safe mode. I have currently hooked the U Channel on the Naza up to my Gear channel on my DX5E and still no luck. When I flip the switch the computer naza program shows me that it just selects these to empty settings. It skips over all the manual, Allti. and failsafe modes. If you follow me, I know that was a little confusing of a statement but Im sure how else to say it.

I haven't been able to find a way to adjust the endpoints for my gear channel either.

Vireaux

You may need to reverse the throttle channel (you can do this in the NAZA assistant). Other channels often need to be reversed as well. The general end result you want for the sticks is up/down results in up/down in the assistant and left/right matches left/right (e.g., you don't want throttle up to move the throttle indicator down in the assistant, etc.).

You have to fix the U channel on your radio. Find out how to edit the channel endpoints and move them inward until the U channel settings are correct. Fix this first and the rest should be easy.

I haven't been able to find a way to move them "inward". I'm sure if a switch has adjustable endpoints on the DX5e. I'm just so frustrated about this Naza m Lite at this point to be honest. No matter what I seem to try, its just that very quickly blinking yellow light. It must mean there is a problem with the transmitter or receiver, but I can't seem to identify the issue at hand.

Vireaux

Check that you have channel 7 from your radio working (NAZA calls this the "U" channel) and that the flight mode is being correctly selected in the NAZA assistant. You should be able to run the assistant and select the flight mode from your radio. If not, and your other sticks seem OK, you need to setup the U channel. This is a little extra work because the NAZA will not accept the usual high/low switch positions as endpoints. You need to move your endpoints inward to get it to work. This will be visually clear in the assistant on the BASIC / RC tab.

I only have 5 channels within my DX5E. (T,E,R,A) I have two others but they are switches that are labeled, Gear and Aux 1.

econfly

I only have 5 channels within my DX5E. (T,E,R,A) I have two others but they are switches that are labeled, Gear and Aux 1.

Just took a quick glance at the manual for your DX5E. I don't think you can make it work with a NAZA. Or, at minimum, you may have to give up some functionality. For example, you might find a way to leave U in the mid-point position and always fly in ATTI mode.

Vireaux

Just took a quick glance at the manual for your DX5E. I don't think you can make it work with a NAZA. Or, at minimum, you may have to give up some functionality. For example, you might find a way to leave U in the mid-point position and always fly in ATTI mode.
Yea, that is what I have read about it only being able to do ATTI mode. I'm just trying to get it into that mode though. Right now all I can achieve is this silly automatic failsafe mode. So I'm wondering how to set it up so I can get it in the middle so I can be in ATTI mode for now. Further in the future I think I will invest into a 7+ channel remote.

econfly

Do you have a 3-position switch? Put it in the middle position, and make sure that switch is wired to the U port on the NAZA.

econfly

Great. Now confirm the sticks are setup correctly. As I mentioned earlier, you may need to reverse the throttle or other channels. Calibrate the sticks in the NAZA assistant and confirm up is up (right), left is left, etc. Once that is done and you disconnect the USB to the NAZA you can arm the motors as indicated in the manual (e.g. both sticks down and in).

Vireaux

Great. Now confirm the sticks are setup correctly. As I mentioned earlier, you may need to reverse the throttle or other channels. Calibrate the sticks in the NAZA assistant and confirm up is up (right), left is left, etc. Once that is done and you disconnect the USB to the NAZA you can arm the motors as indicated in the manual (e.g. both sticks down and in).
The sticks are correctly setup and everything seems fine. But now when I go to arm it..the motors don't start. I'm using Turnigy 30a ESC with black, white, and red cable in them. I know they work with my motors. The beeps I am hearing from them are telling me that there is the throttle signal is abnormal. I can't seem to figure out how to calibrate them when plugged into the Naza. But I have calibrated them manually previously.

cootertwo

Vireaux, I have around 8 Naza Lite's installed in different multirotors. At first it can seem confusing, but the Naza Lite, is about the easiest to setup MC out there, although a Naze will fly right out of the box usually. I'd suggest LOT's of reading, and tinkering, and back and forth. It will become more clear to you, just what's going on, the more you read, and try things. You also may want to invest in a better radio, with more channels, like a DX8 or similar, for down the road, when you want to be able to switch between flight modes. I started with a DX7s, then bought a DX8, just for that one extra channel. One of my Naza Lites is in a F450, with an Orange 9 channel receiver. I mounted a servo on the bottom, controlled by one of the switches on the radio, and I can, (COULD) carry, and drop a payload, with the flip of that switch! You'll get it figured out in time, lot's of good info on this and other sites.