DJI Naza F550 jumping up and down (+/-5 metres)in altitude hold. Unflyable!!

Mon0bLE

ok, i just went round and tightened all of the screws on the frame and on the motors. this definitely seems to have improved the flying, but its still far form perfect. i'm pretty sure now that vibrations are mainly what are causing the problem. i'm going to put some graupners on in the next couple of days, which i'm hoping will help. also my gains weren't right when i tested just now, so thats making it more difficult. i'll correct that for next time. i can now get it into a hover but now and then it was rocketing upwards. i'm glad to have made some progress, but i really hope i can solve this completely

DesJardins

When you did the stick calibration in the assistant did you make sure that both stick were in the center position (showing green) before you hit the "write" option in the assistant program program

pellen

This morning I got a taste of this sunlight issue. I was flying in Atti mode and had the throttle at 50%, and suddenly when I rotated the quad the whole thing could either just rocket up in the sky, or drop to the ground almost running the motors at idle-isch speeds. I was worried that my MC was damaged or something, and plugged it in my computer and reset the gains to default and tested again in my backyard. It was running fine now, except one time where it did the same thing again just rocketing up in the sky (almost no sunlight in the backyard during the winter).

A little later it hit me that I've read about this sunlight problem somwhere, and that must be it...the sun was only a little above the horizon now in the winter, so it could easily light up the MC when turning the quad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mon0bLE

OK, this problem has pretty much resolved itself. I'm now using Graupner 10s and I've made quite a bulky landing gear underneath. I think this has weighed it down a bit, and there are less vibrations and consequently, it holds altitude perfectly. My gains are: 160 160 160 160 | 100 100.

I had a really bad crash into a tree the other day though, and since then I've noticed it has been spinning itself around more than usual, with no input. It's not really a big issue, but its annoying... Any suggestions?

Cheers for the help so far.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
OK, this problem has pretty much resolved itself. I'm now using Graupner 10s and I've made quite a bulky landing gear underneath. I think this has weighed it down a bit, and there are less vibrations and consequently, it holds altitude perfectly. My gains are: 160 160 160 160 | 100 100.

I had a really bad crash into a tree the other day though, and since then I've noticed it has been spinning itself around more than usual, with no input. It's not really a big issue, but its annoying... Any suggestions?

Cheers for the help so far.

Could you possibly have damaged a shaft on one of your motors? turn it by hand and compare with the others. Feel for roughness/tightness, another way to find out would be to put the quad on a flat surface, rotate the blades and see if they move up and down around the axis. Or spin them up and see if you have a bigger blur radius on more than one.

Mon0bLE

Could you possibly have damaged a shaft on one of your motors? turn it by hand and compare with the others. Feel for roughness/tightness, another way to find out would be to put the quad on a flat surface, rotate the blades and see if they move up and down around the axis. Or spin them up and see if you have a bigger blur radius on more than one.

hmm, i have noticed that one of the motors rattles when it is spun. it seems to be able to wobble on its base slightly. this has been happening for a couple of weeks but its possible the crash worsened it...

rwilabee

I was having the same problem that sometime it would jump up. I finally noticed that when I was in the Naza software and say I was on GPS that once in a while it would jump to Fail Safe for a millisecond and back. I had to readjust the End Points and it took care of the problems.