DJI Mavic Pro

Todd Pals

http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

Of course this comes out two days after I buy the P4. What do you think? I would like to see more about the user interface and camera options. Is this more of a toy or something that can be used for light camera/film work? I really like the portability, but want to see some durability and use reports.

I was impressed with what DJI claims it can do but time will tell if it lives up to it. It looks like it has some really useful flight modes for aerial filming but I was under the impression there were no options for the camera. It was 4k but stock besides that. So if its just light camera/film work maybe it will be okay.

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Mavic is now the one to get. Compact. 4k. Range. Speed. Racing mode. Better controller and software. Tracking. As long as it works as advertised with no major hiccups this is the one I want now. Paul here has one on order and we will see if we can do a comparison review of this vs the Karma (and perhaps P4).

At this price and for what it offers it seems to have it all.

The Mavic is the first Camera Platform that's sparked my interest in a long time! I started out with the usual F450 and 550 then a TBS Disco Pro before the whole racing quad thing took over and i sold everything to fund my racing habit! I'm not sure why the Mavic is so attractive? I think it's the tiny size with the ridiculous (illegal) range that appeals. Whatever it is DJI have managed to cast a spell on me......I've got one in the basket as I type this, just need to figure out what to sell :)

PauloT

I've done travel type videos for my YouTube channel and I always wanted to get a drone so that I can get aerial shots. Besides the fact that I'm not able to afford a good 4k drone at this time, another issue is the size. I have imagined how pain in the behind it would be to take a DJI Phantom 4 or Yuneec Typhoon H to different countries. Having a backpack and a luggage can be a lot as is. Never mind having to ad one extra big bag or case. With something like the DJI Mavic Pro or the GoPro Karma, it would be much easier to take with me. Yuneec also has a competing drone called the Breeze but it doesn't have a gimbal.

Here's one video I found that has people using the DJI Mavic.

I've done travel type videos for my YouTube channel and I always wanted to get a drone so that I can get aerial shots. Besides the fact that I'm not able to afford a good 4k drone at this time, another issue is the size. I have imagined how pain in the behind it would be to take a DJI Phantom 4 or Yuneec Typhoon H to different countries. Having a backpack and a luggage can be a lot as is. Never mind having to ad one extra big bag or case. With something like the DJI Mavic Pro or the GoPro Karma, it would be much easier to take with me. Yuneec also has a competing drone called the Breeze but it doesn't have a gimbal.

Here's one video I found that has people using the DJI Mavic.

Not Just People!! This is Flite Test...Josh Bixler is one of the Godfathers of this whole "Drone" thing. If you're not into RC I understand you wouldn't have a clue who he is :) You should check out Flite Test on Youtube if you haven't already, some of the best content out there...

PauloT

Well lets just say I sort of did know about them before I saw this video. I went to take videos of the Red Bull Flugtag event and they ended up being one of the groups competing. I got shots of them while they were doing their performance, flying their plane into the water and then shots of them at the end during the awards ceremony.
13.44 and 24:00