DJI Livecast is happening right now. new announcement hasn't happened yet

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
very nice refinement of what we've come to regard as traditional multi-rotor helicopter design using DJI's full palette of electronic and mechanical features.

very interesting.

Bartman

B&H just announced it.

DJI is becoming increasingly sophisticated in all facets of their operation.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Holy cow... Phillip Bloom did the intro...
WOW $$$$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Knowing what I know about how to build/maintain/fly these I wouldn't be a good candidate to go out and buy one. But for every guy that ever bought/flew a Phantom and felt ready for the next level of performance this will be a very attractive and inviting option.

The camera quality looked fine but I'd need to be up close and personal with one to get a better idea as to how it all works.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
As a guy who has been flying lots of cams lately, there were problems in the footage. Rolling shutter and all kinds of little things.
Also, bit rate was never mentioned nor was shooting RAW. Flying the BMPCC in RAW gives so much ability to do post to the footage.

Still, this looks like a GoPro killer... but for highend commercial work, I think my big rigs are safe.

For now....

Kilby

I want to know what flight controller they are using. It has an optical flow sensor on it now, so the question is did they retrofit that on an A2 or Naza, or is there something new all together?

Personally, I think it's going to be a hard sell. It has some sex appeal because it looks great and transforms in the air, but when you get right down to the specs, it's not much of an improvement over a phantom. The camera specs are worse than a new GoPro, although the lens on that does look a lot nicer (94 degree fov). 12mp stills kills it for me as that is more than half of what I do. For double the money, the only real improvement you get over a phantom is that the gimbal can actually pan in a full 360 degrees compared to the H3-3D which just corrects the yaw jitters.

Bartman

look for lots of perfectly good used Phantoms and F550's in the classifieds! I'm looking for an H3-2D for the GoPro 3 in excellent condition if anyone wants to sell one!

sk8brd

bloom did a good job but i saw some other raw footage and it had jello everywhere...check out jared polin's review

bart- i got a zen 2d..a good one no issues for years...the 3d is much better though if you can get a good working one. if your still looking for one when i get the 3d i'll sell it to you cheap.

Bartman

the phantom is rocking (sarcasm) the DJI NAZA Lite which is underprepared for prime-time so the Inspire can be a big step up with an A2 under the hood and they were mentioning a lot of advanced features so it isn't hard to imagine they went that route. If the camera is a poor 4K model then it's still going to be adequate for 98% of the image-quality-blind general public. 6S suggests to me they're not screwing around with hobby grade components and the moving arms are a pretty nice idea to solve two issues in one sub-mechanism.

let's see what's in there. i suggest DJI submits one to MultiRotorForums.com so we can see it up close and we'll forgive them for not inviting a representative from the site to their party! :)

That would have been an awesome contest with two tickets to the release party as the prize! Maybe next time :(

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm kind of Jaded on the Bloom deal. I have trusted his opinion for so long. I think he was bought out for this.
If not.. cool. and I still love the dude.. but it was a bit off putting to see HIM throw himself all in.

Bartman

bloom did a good job though but i saw some oherr raw footage and it had jello everywhere...check out jared polin's review

link?

jello at this point is a relatively minor issue provided it's not deeply seated in the mechanicals of the heli.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
t i suggest DJI submits one to MultiRotorForums.com so we can see it up close and we'll forgive them for not inviting a representative from the site to their party! :)

That would have been an awesome contest with two tickets to the release party as the prize! Maybe next time :(

YES! I AGREE! I know an unemployed MRF rep with nothing but time on his hands! :D:D:D:D

(OK.. I work 3 jobs, but I'll take a sick week)