DJI F550 Spinning after take off and crash

iut_iut

Hello,

I am a newbie in RC multi rotor. Looking for help .

I just finished building my first DJI F550 . after take off it keeps spinning and very unstable . I build it twice (after got damaged first time) and found same problem. After initial take off it keeps spinning .

here is the youtube video link for that

take off mode was GPS

I have used

DJI NAZA M lite (firmware upgraded to Naza V2 ) with GPS
Simonk ESC 30A
2212 920kv brushless motor
Flysky FS-R9B 2.4G 8-ch Receiver
FS Flysky 2.4G 9ch Transmitter Radio Control FS-TH9X
4S Lipo 5000mah
props 9.4 inch self tightening carbon fibre (not 100% balanced)

ESC calibration was done for all of them. GPR calibration was done. I have double checked the rotation of the props Odd motors are CCW even motors are CW
NAZA setup screenshot is also attached.

Appreciate if you have any suggestion if you know know how to fix this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.25.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.25.14 PM.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 672

iut_iut

I have Triple checked motor & props direction even by putting a paper / tape on each of the motor.

All Odd motors 1,3,5 are in CCW and even motors 2,4,6 are in CW

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
All Odd motors 1,3,5 are in CCW and even motors 2,4,6 are in CW
Now wait a bit! Aint the odd motors supposed to spinn clockwise and even motors counterclockwise? What motor/ESC have you plugged into port one?

iut_iut

Now wait a bit! Aint the odd motors supposed to spinn clockwise and even motors counterclockwise? What motor/ESC have you plugged into port one?

I checked many youtube videos and manuals ..they all showed Odd motors CCW and even motor CW.. in Naza controller M1 is connected with Motor 1 , which is CCW

iut_iut

No Motor 1 is front right . AS of just now i checked the settings and gave another spin to make sure Odds are spinning CCW and even are CW.

Aslo attached the internal setup of my hex here

Attachments

• 11811405_914023318656242_4495441082590426964_n.jpg
    11811405_914023318656242_4495441082590426964_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 265

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Front left motor is number 1
Front right motor is number 2
Rightmost motor is number 3
...and so on in clockwise direction

Odd motors spinn clockwise and even motors spin counterclockwise. Set your F550 up like that and you will have no spin.

iut_iut

Odd motors spinn clockwise and even motors spin counterclockwise. Set your F550 up like that and you will have no spin.

I am using Hex rotor - V setup in my Naza. as per the Naza guide + all the manuals that i have ever read all of those shows for hex setup front right is 1 then front left is 2 and rest of them counter clockwise. also I have attached screenshot from the manual . Can you please tell me a bit more why I need to make in opposite direction ? and how it will help Thanks

Attachments

• A2-motor-mixer.png
    A2-motor-mixer.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 1,701

jinly

Hello,

I am a newbie in RC multi rotor. Looking for help .

I just finished building my first DJI F550 . after take off it keeps spinning and very unstable . I build it twice (after got damaged first time) and found same problem. After initial take off it keeps spinning .

here is the youtube video link for that

take off mode was GPS

I have used

DJI NAZA M lite (firmware upgraded to Naza V2 ) with GPS
Simonk ESC 30A
2212 920kv brushless motor
Flysky FS-R9B 2.4G 8-ch Receiver
FS Flysky 2.4G 9ch Transmitter Radio Control FS-TH9X
4S Lipo 5000mah
props 9.4 inch self tightening carbon fibre (not 100% balanced)

ESC calibration was done for all of them. GPR calibration was done. I have double checked the rotation of the props Odd motors are CCW even motors are CW
NAZA setup screenshot is also attached.

Appreciate if you have any suggestion if you know know how to fix this

Is your GPS Puck in the back and offset from the CG? If so, the x axis should be a negative number. does look like your motor maybe spinning in a wrong direction. causing the yaw.

iut_iut

Is your GPS Puck in the back and offset from the CG? If so, the x axis should be a negative number. does look like your motor maybe spinning in a wrong direction. causing the yaw.

no the GPS is on top of the font right leg (with M1 wings.) so its or front side. I checked multiple times and tested in different ways, The motor / propeller direction are correct. Motor 1,3,5 CCW and 2,4,6 in CW. front right is M1 and front left is M2 then M3,M4.. in CCW

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
I am using Hex rotor - V setup in my Naza. as per the Naza guide + all the manuals that i have ever read all of those shows for hex setup front right is 1 then front left is 2 and rest of them counter clockwise. also I have attached screenshot from the manual . Can you please tell me a bit more why I need to make in opposite direction ? and how it will help Thanks
I had to go check my F550 just to make sure, and you are right. Motor numbers go counterclockwise, not clockwise.

Anyhow, the way your MR spin in your video clearly show that the FC does nothing to stabilize it in yaw, on the contrary, it just keeps spinning faster. That makes me think that you and your FC has different opinions about what propeller should spin what way.

jinly

no the GPS is on top of the font right leg (with M1 wings.) so its or front side. I checked multiple times and tested in different ways, The motor / propeller direction are correct. Motor 1,3,5 CCW and 2,4,6 in CW. front right is M1 and front left is M2 then M3,M4.. in CCW

groovy

iut_iut

I had to go check my F550 just to make sure, and you are right. Motor numbers go counterclockwise, not clockwise.

Anyhow, the way your MR spin in your video clearly show that the FC does nothing to stabilize it in yaw, on the contrary, it just keeps spinning faster. That makes me think that you and your FC has different opinions about what propeller should spin what way.

Here is a small video that i made with motor test by putting a tape on it. Tested M1...M6 in sequentially

hjls3

Not correct...Motor 1 is front right motor 3 is left motor - odd motors CCW - even Cw

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 8.16.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 8.16.40 AM.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 455