Dji F550 /Please Help

Keshav

Hello to the community i currently need advice. I bought a Dji F550 Frame kit and a multistar 2300Kv motor with 20A escs. I have the dji Naza mv2 and turnigy 9x controller with its 8channel receiver. I also purchased a 5200 mah 4s battery.
I am quite new to the hobby and i realised that i bought 9 inch props and 6 racing motors. Will the racing motors overheat from the weight of my drone and the fact im using a 4s battery insted of a 3s one and the fact that i have 9 inch props insted of 6 inch props.
Someone help me im debating on getting the f450 frame and moving everything there or is it worst. Thanking the community in advance.

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Wrong is wrong, get a frame that is the right size and that will allow you to use the right battery. All you will end up doing is destroying your electronics otherwise.

Hi-Flyer

Hello to the community i currently need advice. I bought a Dji F550 Frame kit and a multistar 2300Kv motor with 20A escs. I have the dji Naza mv2 and turnigy 9x controller with its 8channel receiver. I also purchased a 5200 mah 4s battery.
I am quite new to the hobby and i realised that i bought 9 inch props and 6 racing motors. Will the racing motors overheat from the weight of my drone and the fact im using a 4s battery insted of a 3s one and the fact that i have 9 inch props insted of 6 inch props.
Someone help me im debating on getting the f450 frame and moving everything there or is it worst. Thanking the community in advance.
Hi there!

Yes 2000kV range motors are definitely too small!
I run the Dji F450 and 1000kv motors already feel the strain with a 1kg payload.

Next time check first before making purchases.
Anyways you'll have more spare parts in your inventory on the bright side.

Cheers,
Flyer

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Thierry Beau

Hi, I have several DJI 450 and 550 since years all are working pretty well with sunnysky 2212 980kv and propeller upto 10inches. No issue with your battery a 5200 4S is perfect as far as the NAZA power unit transforms the 4S voltage to what the naza needs. For info one works with 11inches propellers and 490kv motors (it stays in the air for more than 30 minutes with 2 X 4000mah 4s). enjoy...

Keshav

Hi, I have several DJI 450 and 550 since years all are working pretty well with sunnysky 2212 980kv and propeller upto 10inches. No issue with your battery a 5200 4S is perfect as far as the NAZA power unit transforms the 4S voltage to what the naza needs. For info one works with 11inches propellers and 490kv motors (it stays in the air for more than 30 minutes with 2 X 4000mah 4s). enjoy...
thank you a lot for your response its appreciated

Keshav

th
Hi there!

I run the Dji F450 and 1000kv motors already feel the strain with a 1kg payload.

Cheers,
Flyer

thank you a lot

Keshav

Hi there!

Cheers,
Flyer

thanks thats great info lol

Trevcharl

Trevcharl

You didnt give the 23xx size of the motor. There is a table put out by one of the motor manufacturers that gives motor size, the KV and the recommended prop size. Ok I tried to download....maybe this will help?

Attachments

• Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg
    Cobra 2204 Prop data.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 187