DJI DropSafe drop speed reduction system released

The DJI DropSafe drop speed reduction system is designed to slow the speed of your aircraft in the event of an emergency. It deploys in less than half a second, and is effective at a minimum altitude of 6 meters. The reusable design weighs less than 550g, adding very little weight to your flight payload.

Introducing the DJI Dropsafe

Assembling and Installing the DJI DropSafe

Main features:
Innovative, Lightweight, Lightning Fast Deployment

Low Altitude Deployment
Minimum effective altitude of just 6 meters.

Lightning Fast Deployment
Deploys in less than half a second.

Lightweight Design
Weighs less than 550g.

Reusable

Dual Safety Mechanisms & Self-checking LED

Compatible with DJI Flight Controllers and Platforms

Last edited by a moderator:

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Do you have any data on how much weight the system can handle?
Or what one can expect in the way of speed arresting at different weights?

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Sorry to be the "Debbie Downer" here but, how does DJI figure that 550g (that's over half a kilo, folks) adds "very little weight to the flight payload"? I assume this system is targeted at massive rigs where an additional 1/2 Kg. won't be noticed??

Claust

It sure is; S800, S900, S1000 and S1000+ with A2 controller

Will be buying it for mine if the price is reasonable.
One/ For added safety, and i can't afford an expensive crash, and
Two/Marketing purposes - safety is always a good seller for some clients.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
My heavy lift X8 machine is 11+kg AUW, so an extra 550g is not a show-stopper if it works. But after doing a little more research, I doubt I can make it work with the Mikrokopter electronics I'm using. Seems it's very tightly integrated with the DJI A2 (which makes perfect sense, really).

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
My heavy lift X8 machine is 11+kg AUW, so an extra 550g is not a show-stopper if it works. But after doing a little more research, I doubt I can make it work with the Mikrokopter electronics I'm using. Seems it's very tightly integrated with the DJI A2 (which makes perfect sense, really).

There are other parachute/emergency systems worth considering for non-DJI users.

Last edited by a moderator:

haha49

DJI so unsafe you need this :p

I personally think it's silly every little amount of weight you add kills flight time big time.

know the limits fly within them don't trust auto pilot you do just fine...