DJI and their Technical Support (frustation)

JLO

I want to share my last attempt at getting technical support from DJI
By all means I want to be objective and fair Im not in to bashing or complaining with bad or bias intent
I like DJI and I admire DJI products
but here it is:

My question to DJI in short was and is still is:
A better way to understand the Dji Advance custom section of the A2 Mixer so I can do some throttle modifications to the top motors of a coax copter set up, currently flying with A2 Fc and the DJI coax standard mixer.

Outcome:
Frustation at the lack of useful answers
Frustation at the generic un-personal answers
Frustration at the fact that (it sims to me) that DJI puts unexperienced people to answers technical questions

I was going to cut and paste the several email exchanges I had but it looks like I could get in some legal issue so I will try to explain in my own words

1 so I ask DJI:
ME
In detail my setup and to help me understand the Advance custom section of the A2 Mixer

DJI
Sorry I don't understand what the mixer is

ME
So I explained again, me to DJI (patiently) (REALLY), what THEIR mixer is, !! with pictures, almost as if I was explaining it to some one that has never seen the A2 Assistant

DJI
A2 motor mixer is the same as WKM go to the wiki (by the way i have been there)

ME
The wiki does not answer my question can you direct me to some one that actually knows the A2 mixer

DJI
again go to the wiki, and she told me that DJI is not allowed to guide on how to set the A2 mixer because they are not familiar with the motors I have (really ??? Tiger Motors U5)

ME
??????????

If any of you have been to the advance mixer section when the cursor selects the custom button a suggestion pops to call the dealer for help on the mixer I did call several dealers and non understand the A2 mixer all refer me to DJI technical support

Me: ??????

So out come frustration,+ more frustration, the advance section is in the asistant for a reason and its been very hard to get good answers it almost sims that DJI don't want to explained the Custom Mixer and it is a few top secret
here is my original question

Im currently Fling a Custom Coaxial 8 Cinestar Frame
Dji A2 controler
U5 motors
TM 40A Esc
16x TM CF props top and bottom
2x 10k 6s Lipos
I get about 8.5 minutes w 20% left
AUW 23 LBS
the copter flies nice but the bottom motors are slightly warmer than the top I read that decreasing 5% or 10% Thrust to the top motors in the mixer would even them out and save on battery, I understand what to do in the mixer but the A2 mixer has 0 in all the boxes vs the Wookong has 100% what number should i put in the mixer in Wooing would be 95% but in the A2 would be what ?
I appreciate your help

Last edited by a moderator:

JLO

I also attempted to contact the DJI US support and I got a similar answer that DJI could not help me because the rest of the components where not DJI, why then sell a A2 flight control separate ??
the problem is that I never ask DJI to tell me what to put in the mixer based on my components,
I ask how the mixer works, what the 0% mean, what they represent, what happens when you put any number in the boxes, their answer is like they do not care to read the question and understand the question, they refer you to dealers but all the different dealers I spoke with don't know the custom mixer most only know the basic stuff
so at tis point unless you have an all DJI bird with all DJI components don't waist your time trying to get support from DJI

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
@JLO; if you have questions about the A2 mixing table please start a new thread in the A2/WKM subforum and I'll try to help you out.

@ mention me when you get the thread posted.