DJI A2 "Obnormal Compass Data"

saber2q

Hi
i bought a new S800 EVO + A2 Flight Controler and Assembled it, also i config all things that recommended in the User Manuel and Videos in the DJI website, the A2 always connect properly to PC via USB Cable and monitor Controls and data of DJI but an Error was appears with this Text "Obnormal Compass Data" and when i turn on the DJI to First Time Calibrating the GPS and Compass, only The LED On the S800 Quickly Blink Green and Yellow and Red and no any actions occurs and when i want to start first time calibring, with change the "Control Mode Sw" on the Transmitter from 1 to 3 repeatly, no any change to LED color. i thing, my receiver don't send data to my S800 while the that receive all datas from transmitter. i thinks maybe i should to set any parameters in my Futaba Transmitter??

Please Help me that what i have to do???

Thanks A lot

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Use the mapping button (bottom right) of your A2 assistant. Use this page along with your transmitter to make sure that the switches are moving as they should. This will help ensure that your Futaba is set correctly and that your A2 is seeing things as it should

saber2q

Thank you carapau, i checked it and all switchs of futaba is working and monitored in A2 assist, but my s800 don't Works and only blinks quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Saber,

Move the mode switch from manual to GPS and back to manual, that is one. Do this 6-7 times and then pause. That should get you into the compass calibration.

saber2q

Dear tahoe_ed i do this, but unfortunately don't go to calibration mode. Also the motors don't turn never.
If when the calibrating is not complete, the motors don't works?

Tahoe Ed

That is correct. Check the connections. The A2 is particular about the Can Bus connections. The IMU and Compass/GPS must go into the Can 1 port. The PMU and LED go into Can 2.

saber2q

My connections have been installed according to A2 Catalogue and i sure that is correct. If you want, i can send a picture of my s800.

saber2q

i found one of problems and i could go to calibration mode and calibrate my S800 until success. the problem is solved by configuring End_Point of the Control mode switch in my radio control, but after compass calibrating the error message "Obnormal Compass Data" Still uppers in Assist and i don't know what to do???

that is a snap shot of my Assist after Compass Calibrating:
View attachment 18901

Attachments

• Saber-S800-1.jpg
    Saber-S800-1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 396

Helirazor

Your gps location doesn't look right!! Unless you have it mounted under your craft...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breck1295

Good evening all,
I am having an issue similar to saber2q. I recently upgraded from a F550 to the S800 EVO so I have a decent basic knowledge of the flight controller. I have my Futaba 8FG Super set up in mult2 mode and have the A2 assistant programmed but when I power it up I get a flashing green light from the LED and the motors won't start. They spin in a motor test but will not start. I have an abnormal compass calibration warning when I connect to the A2 assistant. I cannot get the A2 into calibration mode. Any suggestions why the LED flashes green and no other color? Or why I cannot get it into calibration mode?

saber2q

Hi breck1295 my problem has been solved by set the end points of the "Flight Mode" Switch on the Transmiter. please check "Important" End body of title "Configure the Control mode Switch" in User Manual version 1.16 at page 17 again.