DJI A2 Continuous Red Light

grmw

Hello everyone.

Here is a quick description of my setup for my drone.

- F550 Frame
- A2
- H3-2D
- iOSD Mark II
- 2.4 GHz Transmitter
- Futaba T8FG Super

I've been running this UAS for a couple of months now, and after my last outing I noticed my Futaba sticks were sticking slightly. So I took them apart and cleaned them off. After that I also switched my bluetooth LED indicator for the A2 to the bottom of the drone. When I got back into the office on Monday, the drone started up as normal but when I connected the Futaba to it, it started blinking red continuously. I thought that it might be a calibration problem, but I have re-calibrated it over 30 times now and it does nothing. Here are a few of the things I've done:

- Reset firmware
- Attempted to re calibrate the compass (it goes to the blinking red light again afterwards)
- Unplugged the A2 and re-plug it in

One of the things I've noticed while doing all this is that the purple LED lights no longer show. When I take the drone outside, the red lights (indicating how many GPS signals I have) simply go away and the drone sits there without any lights. The A2 Assistant Software says on the bottom right that it thinks there is an error, but it will not show me the error when I click on it.

If you guys' have any ideas I would love to hear them as I've searched forums all yesterday and today and can't find a solution. Thanks!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Dare I say it but is the flight battery fully charged and if so check to see at what voltage your low cutt off voltage is set at.

grmw

Dare I say it but is the flight battery fully charged and if so check to see at what voltage your low cutt off voltage is set at.

All guesses are appreciated :D I have balance charged all 5 of my batteries and plugged them in. Same results for all of them :( Here is a shot from my Assistant Software.

View attachment 17492

Attachments

• voltage.JPG
    voltage.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 686

grmw

What happens when you turn off voltage protection?

Same results. Here is a quick video showing what it looks like.

I plug in the battery and the light gives me the re-calibration signal which is fine (I took a magnet to the compass like another forum offered to see if that was a problem). I connect the remote control and it starts blinking red for some reason. Could it be possible that my remote control is damaged and that is what my drone is saying? All of the channel mappings work in my Assistance Software when I connect the RC.

Last edited by a moderator:

grmw

Finally got the error messages to show up on my laptop (the PC blocks the messages?) and it says that I have Abnormal Transmitter Mid Point (out of range). So when I cleaned my remote sticks I must not have put them back correctly. I'm going to work on fixing that now. I'll let you guys know what I did to fix it, though I guess this is now a Futaba post and not an A2 post.

Glennyboy

I take it you have recalibrated your sticks in the assistant?

constant red lights is second level battery alert, also no lights after after switching on and getting all sats means you are in manual mode and everything is ok!

try calibrating the voltage in the assistant too!

do the motors start?

grmw

So I took apart the remote control again and adjusted some of the chips that I had take out to clean the sticks. And then I went into the settings of the Futaba and made sure the sticks all read 0 on the Servo menu (all three of my non-throttle sticks were not at 0). That seemed to do the trick as my drone is again flying! I wish my main PC hadn't blocked the error messages on the Assistant Software so I could have narrowed down the problem quicker. Though it is good to know that I should be checking the calibration of my controller after cleaning it. Thanks everyone for your help!

Gonzalo70

I am having the same problem with my drone. I have a Futaba T14SG. How do I set all my sticks to 0? When I go to servo mode it only gives me these options and I am not sure what they do. "OFF, NEUTRAL, MOVING"