Need Help! Desperate Newbie seeks assistance.

Hello everybody I hope that you are all fit and well. My name is John Hall a new member living in sunny Brisbane, Australia.
To say that I am a newbie in the exciting world of drones is an exaggeration.
I have dipped my toes and purchased my first drone which is a Global Drone X183.
I’m afraid that my excitement as the drone came crashing down to earth with my very first attempt.
The damage was, I thought not to serious, as I had only damaged a propeller and it’s lock catch.
Unfortunately although I could easily replace the propeller I could not locate a replacement lock catch.
I have spent more time trying to replace a small plastic part than I have in attempting to fly the drone.
Nobody that sells the X183 is able to provide me with a set or even a single lock catch to enable me to re attach the propeller. Being a complete novice I did not know whether there were other means to lock the propeller in place. So I am left with a nice looking drone that has only three fixed propellers, not good for a Quadcopter.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to where I could purchase either a set of lock stitches or another means of keeping the propeller from rising higher than the drone could manage.

Many Thanks

John

Attachments

• E1182F3A-93C6-431C-AFBD-D73308B09EE8.jpeg
    E1182F3A-93C6-431C-AFBD-D73308B09EE8.jpeg
    663.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 9FA18D89-D8E5-44BE-9E8C-F26411B15630.jpeg
    9FA18D89-D8E5-44BE-9E8C-F26411B15630.jpeg
    645.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 621E3F1A-879F-4E07-8592-F5FAEE2923E8.jpeg
    621E3F1A-879F-4E07-8592-F5FAEE2923E8.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 289

Hi Drone admin.
Yes it is direct from China and I have been trying to get a single sensible answer with no joy for weeks.
On the bright side my Chinese is coming on a treat.
I have the Ali express App and made the mistake of asking for any sellers of the lock catches or an alternative to fix the prop on.
What I received was lots of X183 drones for sale or X183 propellers for sale neither of which helped.
I have been trying to find a manufacturer of the 183 but have not been able to.
What I find quite amazing is that the lock catch is clearly shown on the Global Drone X183 packages and yet I can't buy one as an accessory or as a spare part.I was hoping that one of the members had this particular drone and was able to help me.
Thank you

John

para9111

Unfortunately this is the problem with buying Chinese toy drones vs hobby quality drones.Options find a used broken one for sale 3d print part contact manufacturer of x183 get them to send you lock catch or easiest buy another X183 use it for parts cause it’s just a matter of time before u crash again and more parts are required to fly again.Recommend buy a hobby quality drones with all parts easily available.Good luck keep asking someone has one of these X183 sitting at home with 3 catch locks also would probably send it to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi para9111
Ouch but every word is true and I have learned a harsh lesson. I've had similar responses all agreeing with your comments. I'm not going to buy one for spares but will just let it collect dust. If someone has the part that's ok but equally if anyone needs a part then that's ok too.
Please can you suggest a few drones for me to look at? I can't afford the DJI Drones.
Anyway thanks very much Parra9111.
John

para9111

It starts with a budget amount.How much do you want to spend?What do you want it to do?Do you want a drone that flys itself ?Like the DJI mavic with GPS,etc?Do you want a live video feed?

Hi Para9111
I will look into your suggestion thanks.
All I want to do at this stage is to experience flying a drone. I can't take a photograph with the good quality canon that I own never mind whilst flying a drone. I think I need one key take off and land and return to home and height hold. All features that will allow me to at least take off and land.
I am a bit accident prone hence not even been able to take off before permanently grounding my first drone. As to the cost I want something to learn to fly with. I would hope that I could get something for around $200.

para9111

What your saying is you want to drive a Porsche but you haven’t really learned to drive yet.Hmmm.Features u described are on full featured expensive drones or a toy China built drone with no support or parts.Buy a drone that’s cheap has no gps manual mode learn to fly first save and buy a starter hobby drone after like DJI but alas I know nobody everybody always ignores this advice I got it and ignored it and learned trial and error in the end I spent a lot over years.Dronium does not have GPS features that I know of but u can buy motors,mounts ,etc for it.

The biggest mistake that I made was running blindly before I even took baby steps.
I was blinded and blindsided by the hundreds of advertis giving me options that I didn't understand but that I thought sounded great.
I didn't ignore advice I just didn't seek it.
I should have joined a forum or gone to a RC outlet before wasting my money on a drone that is now effectively junk.
It is difficult for me to get about as I'm disabled and cannot drive, hence the online purchase. I also listed the particular features as they are all helpful for flying whilst still in or close to my mobility scooter.
I have some mobility and can stand up for short periods but don't stray too far from my scooter.
Anyway enough I do bow down to your experience and will research more and arrange to go to a model shop for hands on advice.
As for the Porsche, besides the fact that I couldn't drive it, I couldn't afford the insurance.
Thanks very much Para9111 for taking the time and for sharing your experience.

Cheers

John

para9111

As soon as you place Newbie in post u go to the top of the line.High priority u will love the hobby.Good luck.

Cheers Para9111
I know I will enjoy it my friend. In time, preferably in about twelve months, I would love to build a drone myself. Not to create one I'm not that intelligent but to build one from kit form or build by numbers.
I've already learned not to buy the first one that comes along wrapped in bright advertising paper and tied with a bargain bow.
Thank you for your input, believe me it opened my eyes.
John

Trevcharl

Cheers Para9111
I know I will enjoy it my friend. In time, preferably in about twelve months, I would love to build a drone myself. Not to create one I'm not that intelligent but to build one from kit form or build by numbers.
I've already learned not to buy the first one that comes along wrapped in bright advertising paper and tied with a bargain bow.
Thank you for your input, believe me it opened my eyes.
John

In that situation I would buy a stock and dye set. Unfortunately they are all of one direction threading, unless you can source a reverse threading dye. From that you could add thread to the motor shaft and make a simple nut and thread that too. I would take a nut drill it and rethread it. The thread should turn on in the opposite direction to the motors rotation.

Hi Trevcharl.
Thank you for your advice.
As you know I am an ignorant newbie to the hobby of drones. I joined this forum to seek advice on what I thought was a simple matter. To locate and fit a replacement lock catch to secure a propeller to the rotor on my global drone X183.
I thought that my ignorance would be hidden in the beginner forum but alas that has not been the case.
I am sorry to say Trevcharl that I just could not follow your advice as I could not fully understand it.
I think that I know what you mean in general terms but I have to admit that I wouldn't know where to start.
From what Para9111 said, and I fully agree with the advice, unfortunately this drone could, if am not careful become a money pit, in that if I spend a disproportionate amount in maintaining the drone as compared to its value I will be throwing good money after bad.
I still find it bloody annoying that I can't find a small plastic spare part that can prevent the drone from flying.
Once again thanks for your advice but unless I can find a compatible lock catch or other simple means of attaching the propellers then this drone is fated to collect dust.
What would be helpful is a few suggestions of which beginner drones, with available spare parts, would be suitable for a newbie.
Cheers

John

adyscoot

Hello everybody I hope that you are all fit and well. My name is John Hall a new member living in sunny Brisbane, Australia.
To say that I am a newbie in the exciting world of drones is an exaggeration.
I have dipped my toes and purchased my first drone which is a Global Drone X183.
I’m afraid that my excitement as the drone came crashing down to earth with my very first attempt.
The damage was, I thought not to serious, as I had only damaged a propeller and it’s lock catch.
Unfortunately although I could easily replace the propeller I could not locate a replacement lock catch.
I have spent more time trying to replace a small plastic part than I have in attempting to fly the drone.
Nobody that sells the X183 is able to provide me with a set or even a single lock catch to enable me to re attach the propeller. Being a complete novice I did not know whether there were other mceans to lock the propeller in place. So I am left with a nice looking drone that has only three fixed propellers, not good for a Quadcopter.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to where I could purchase either a set of lock stitches or another means of keeping the propeller from rising higher than the drone could manage.

Many Thanks

John
Parts are very easy to source the good thing about cheap Chinese stuff is they use generic parts once you know the original name something was copied from you can get loads of parts onlne.
On buying a x183 myself I have found they use syma moters and the props and collers are easily obtainable

Hi adyscoot, thanks for your comment.
I did email Syma and ask if their lock catches were compatible with the X183 but had an email back stating that the did not fit X183.
I have noticed as you point out that there products seem generic so for the sake of a few dollars I have ordered some anyway.
Have you had any issues with the lock catches on your X183?

Regards John