Desperate for help! Naza M lite jumpy flight behavior

Hey guys,

I recently did a rebuild of a pre existing quad I have to condense some of the wiring and make the quad a little neater. I also added a brushless gimbal and upgraded the motors from Turnigy NTM 28-30's to Emax 3510's. The quad uses Naza M lite FC w/ GPS. I recalibrated everything there is to recalibrate.

During the test flight, the quad would randomly jump a foot in altitude and/or bank to the left or then to the right. It would do this randomly while I was trying to hover. The motors are connected directly to the ESCs without bullet connectors.

I went to a smaller prop and that made the erratic behavior less frequent but did occur after I started to yaw a bit and give more input.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

RobBurn

Hey guys,

I recently did a rebuild of a pre existing quad I have to condense some of the wiring and make the quad a little neater. I also added a brushless gimbal and upgraded the motors from Turnigy NTM 28-30's to Emax 3510's. The quad uses Naza M lite FC w/ GPS. I recalibrated everything there is to recalibrate.

During the test flight, the quad would randomly jump a foot in altitude and/or bank to the left or then to the right. It would do this randomly while I was trying to hover. The motors are connected directly to the ESCs without bullet connectors.

I went to a smaller prop and that made the erratic behavior less frequent but did occur after I started to yaw a bit and give more input.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

it can be painful but you may have to retrace your steps, like puttng the old motors back on and see if it works as expected. The gimbal and camera are they balanced on the quad? Im wondering if the cg is way off and the naza it trying to correct?

Tahoe Ed

You don't mention what escs you are using. Did you calibrate them as well. Check all solder joints to make sure that you are not getting an intermittent drop out that is causing the Naza to try and compensate.

Thanks for the responses! Solder joints all appear conductive to my ohmmeter. Like I said before I removed the bullet connectors and soldered directly to the ESC leads. The ESCs are Turnigy Plush 30amp. They are all programmed but I did not calibrate the throttle AFTER I installed the new motors but I did calibrate the throttle when I first built the quad. The chassis is balanced after flight battery is installed. I put some foam latex rubber under the FC and that has dramatically decreased the frequency and intensity of the random jumping. I noticed that the individual motors would just jump in RPM for no apparent reason in random sequence. Also added black tape to the sides of the FC for good measure, even though all testing has been done in my living room and not in direct sunlight.

On a side note-> I noticed my gain settings were all changed and were all over the map.. I never once have changed these settings. I applied all default settings (gains all set to 100) but did not have any affect on the problem.