Dead DJI E600/800 ESC?

Blake Ebsary

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and looking for a little clarification. I've built up an F550 (extended arms) and equipped it with a WKM and E600 propulsion system...

I originally had it running with the E600 system and a NAZA, but I upgraded to the WKM and went back and tidied up the wiring by shortening the power wires of the ESC's

Got it all tidied up and set it up in the assistant software only to find that one of the motors wouldn't spin up... The ESC of the offending motor was warm (warmer than the other 5, not hot and I didn't notice any smoke!). I swapped motors, still wouldnt spin up, swapped channels on the WKM, still wouldn't spin up. Checked soldering couldn't see anything out of the ordinary with my work. I think I have narrowed it down to the ESC being faulty, just wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar sort of issue before?? Must have shorted somewhere :(

It sounds like you have proved its the ESC. Hard to say why it failed, doesn't necessarily mean it was anything you did. The tuned propulsion systems that DJI offers are nice because everything comes in a matched package ready to go.