Data-Link necessary ? Workarounds.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi guys,

does the WK-M provide any data about its state ? Lipos GPS Height etc. As far a what I could see it dosent provide any or did i miss something ? It has a usb connection though can this be used to downlink some data via xbee for example ?

Certainly it would be good to have some feedback about the lipo powering the WK-M and the main Lipo for the motors. How would you try to accomplish this considering i am right and the WK-M dosent provide.

Thanks

Boris

ovdt

As soon as we will be using standart ESCs, the Lipo choice will be related to ESCs, I suppose. We'll be just pluging the three-cabled socket of the ESC without removing the red cable.

I also wonder about the wireless data transfer to/from DJI W-M.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
lil confused about it; manual

· WKM is powered by one battery, and can operate with a 4.8 to 12V DC. Please choose a proper battery which meets the spec of all your electronic equipment. (E.g. you have a servo(4.8-6V), a receiver(4.8–8.4V), then you can choose a 4.8 to 6V DC.)
· ? Please DO NOT cut any power wire from ESC to MC ?

I understand it as needing a second lipo for the MC or down regulation from the Lipo for the ESCs.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
lil confused about it; manual

· WKM is powered by one battery, and can operate with a 4.8 to 12V DC. Please choose a proper battery which meets the spec of all your electronic equipment. (E.g. you have a servo(4.8-6V), a receiver(4.8–8.4V), then you can choose a 4.8 to 6V DC.)
· ? Please DO NOT cut any power wire from ESC to MC ?

I understand it as needing a second lipo for the MC or down regulation from the Lipo for the ESCs.

Boris

The esc with built in BEC will provide power for servos. The specs are for the BEC of the ESC.

Of course, a separate BEC (power source) can also be used if needed.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Hi guys,

does the WK-M provide any data about its state ? Lipos GPS Height etc. As far a what I could see it dosent provide any or did i miss something ? It has a usb connection though can this be used to downlink some data via xbee for example ?

Certainly it would be good to have some feedback about the lipo powering the WK-M and the main Lipo for the motors. How would you try to accomplish this considering i am right and the WK-M dosent provide.

Thanks

Boris

Not at this time. This is a future upgrade that is being considered. I will update you when I get any details.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks, eventually i think it will be important in order to compete on a full scale with systems like MK to provide some down link of the data already given by the installed sensors. But cool that its being considered. If its only a software update and no change of the hardware is needed I guess It would be an additional plus keeping the cost figures low for a potential buyer comparing MK to WK-M which components are need to get an equivalent system.

Boris