Damaged zenmuse h3-3d gimbal repaired using broken gimbal issue

I had a bad crash the other day. The gimbal was bent out of shape. I found one that fried on ebay and i replaced the damaged parts. All non-electronic. I put it back together but it seems to me i either put the motors in backwards or something else is now damaged. It tries to swing back and forth but won't center. Is there a way to calibrare this? Tried the resets with no luck. Would DJI repair this? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
wow, it's anybody's guess what DJI might decide to do and there are virtually no options as a user/owner to calibrate or otherwise enter the firmware from the Assistant.

how are the motor wires connected? solder or via plugs? if there aren't plugs then it's possible you can switch any two wires and reverse the direction of the motors, right?

It is not a matter of polarity. The motors are powered via a ribbon and only works one way. I will record and post shortly but to me it seems like its trying to get to its center point and it thinks it is in a different spot than i currently have it set at. Not sure if i can release a set screw and this will help or not. Wad hoping someone else experienced something similar.

violetwolf

Another possibility is the IMU was damaged in your crash. They are pretty delicate.

Good luck with DJI getting anything serviced. I know thats not what you want to hear, and I'm not trying to be dramatic. It's just the way they do business. :/