Custom made quad.

apollo11

Hello peoples,
I am Building in Munich together with some guys a modular monocoque frame.(meant to be watterproof)
The reason for this post is a help call for U8PRO users.
I am using a u8Pro 170kv setup on a custom made large framed quadrocopter.
I got to use the motors and fly the quad with these motors and the following speed controllers:
1-Turnigy K-force 40 A (Silabs) BlHeli
2-Afro esc 30 A Out of the box.
3-T-Motor(rebranded hobbywing) 40A Out of box
I am testing all ESC's with- 27x8,8 t-motor propellers but i am looking forward to change with larger ones and try also the three bladed propellers.
-Maxamps 6s 12.000MAh
-AUW(total weight) 4.8KG
T-motor 40A stalled the mottor at some point , fortunately i tested the 3 sets of esc first on the ground.

Only flew for few minutes with Turnigy k-force 40A and it wasn't so bad .

I will come in the next few days with a video of the prototype in flight and with some telemetry datas as well.

My questions are:
1)Does anyone fly a frame of around 1300mm or larger? If yes , what obstacles have you meet during building and set up ?
2)Does anyone use the setup motor / propeller that i use ? If yes what Speed Controllers Are you using /Firmware
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]Any advice is welcome .[/FONT]
This is the build, picture attached.

David

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpg
    IMG_5983.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 279

apollo11

Hello peoples,
I am Building in Munich together with some guys a modular monocoque frame.(meant to be watterproof)
The reason for this post is a help call for U8PRO users.
I am using a u8Pro 170kv setup on a custom made large framed quadrocopter.
I got to use the motors and fly the quad with these motors and the following speed controllers:
1-Turnigy K-force 40 A (Silabs) BlHeli
2-Afro esc 30 A Out of the box.
3-T-Motor(rebranded hobbywing) 40A Out of box
I am testing all ESC's with- 27x8,8 t-motor propellers but i am looking forward to change with larger ones and try also the three bladed propellers.
-Maxamps 6s 12.000MAh
-AUW(total weight) 4.8KG
T-motor 40A stalled the mottor at some point , fortunately i tested the 3 sets of esc first on the ground.

Only flew for few minutes with Turnigy k-force 40A and it wasn't so bad .

I will come in the next few days with a video of the prototype in flight and with some telemetry datas as well.

My questions are:
1)Does anyone fly a frame of around 1300mm or larger? If yes , what obstacles have you meet during building and set up ?
2)Does anyone use the setup motor / propeller that i use ? If yes what Speed Controllers Are you using /Firmware
Any advice is welcome .
This is the build, picture attached.

David
I will come up with pictures from modified arms for coaxial mount for x8 and detachable battery box ,some flight videos as well in the next few days .

apollo11

it will be helpfull if someone use dji FC in such frame size so they can share .
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

apollo11

Motor mount
attachment.php
attachment.php
i was busy flying to fly with some very strange gains so i could not take pictures or a video. someone taken this photo .

Attachments

• motor mount.jpg
    motor mount.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 344
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 314