crash and burn, can someone confirm my human error(stupidity)

My S900 dropped out of the sky like a rock last Sunday. Here is what I did. I changed the channel mapping while hovering to return my shutter control to my futaba. I had been doing some photogrametry using the GS and was finished and wanted to shoot some video. I changed the battery and began my flight but forgot to switch the channel map back. Instead of landing I let it hover at about 25'. As soon as I hit the channel in the A2 software the props just stopped and it silently fell to a spectacular thump and soon thereafter the 16000MAH lipo burst into flames. I managed to kick it away before it burned up what was left.
Can anyone confirm "that's what happens when you change a channel map mid air" or maybe, "That shouldn't have happened"
In hindsight I would say that I got too comfortable with flying. I have had this particular unit for over a year and it has paid for itself a few times over. I am working in Africa where the skies are relatively regulation free.
Needless to say will never do that again.
Thankfully no one was around to be injured.
I welcome your comments and stories!

Attachments

• Crash and Burn.jpg
    Crash and Burn.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 203

Old Man

Not sure anyone can confirm or deny the error but channel mapping while airborne doesn't seem to the the best time for such an activity. Sorry about your 900. At least you cleared the sky of mosquitoes and flies for a few minutes.