Controls too sensitive

Syndad

View attachment 17013

Just built my first quad. Hobbyking x650f frame, 1000 kv motors, 10" props, APM 2.6 flight controller. It flies, that's the good news. The controls seem hyper sensitive, is there any way to change settings in the APM to reduce this sensitivity? I have a Hubsan X4 that has a basic fly mode that makes it much easier to fly. I have the APM set to stabilized mode, is that best for beginners? Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• Quad.jpg
    Quad.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 242

kloner

Aerial DP
look into adding expo to the radio... futaba add -50 expo, spektrum/jr try +50%..... there might also be some of that available in the apm software

jbrumberg

I've seen recommendations for setting the (not identified) Tx for AIL, ELE, and RUD @ 75% with EXP @ 20%. I tried those settings out of curiosity on my FS TH9XB and immediately went back to my previous settings (100%/0%). It was just too mushy feeling.

15crewdawg

If your adjustments make it feel "mushy", just back down the values until it feels right. Leave the travel adjustments at 100%. But try using less expo.

kloner

Aerial DP
if your shooting for 3d flight, not mushy is good, but when your trying to film stuff, that's how we get the whole package to play together...... gimbal keeps up with stick input, etc..... ap isn't suppose to be a sport if that's what your into....

obviously when somebody says it's too touchy, the mechanical way to make that not as bad is the expo setting,,, it should be adjustable in incriments of 1% at a time.... look into it.... i fly 75-100% on all my rigs, even planes....

jbrumberg

I agree it's the personal feel of the Tx sticks and the desired operational flight characteristics that one is seeking. I tend to fly ACRO; I like the "feel" of the Tx sticks and the corresponding responsiveness of my build with my Tx AIL, ELE, and RUD DR set @100% and EXP set @0%. I have posted this DR 75%/EXPO 20% recommendation a couple of times previously and being curious I decided to try those settings. Yes the sticks "felt" mushy, but the quad's response to those "mushy" sticks was really smooth and slow something one would want with video.

Last edited by a moderator: