Mikrokopter controlling a sony a5000?

MKMaverick

Newly addicted...
Does anyone have a solution for full functionality with a sony a5000? (independent shutter release and video start/stop + zoom). If so, what's your setup?
Been looking at the stratrosnapper but they don't seem to have a multiconnector cable yet.
Would the multiconnector to lanc adapter (VMC-AVM1) give you all three functions with the standard mikrokopter LANC ctrl?

And has anyone used something like this? Description isn't very clear on functionality, "Micro HDMI input with IR remote control shutter, can control photography or recording by transmitter switch" Seems like it can control shutter and video start/stop, but doesn't mention zoom.

A more basic question...would controlling all three functions separately on a tx require connecting to three different servo outs on the FC?

I ended up with a Gentles controller and am going with my second RX to get the PWM to the camera control. The guy I work with did the Snapper version for 90 some and after much work with the drivers on the mac he went to a windows version and got it to go. I did find a short cord on ebay after a google search for Micro 90 degree. you need two Aux's for the shutter/ video recording, and the other aux for zoom control. I do wish that companies that sell FPV gear for quads would have a special section of cables with 90 degrees that we could find easier...lol.

min0nim

Just to note the 5000 and 5100 (and RX100-3) don't have IR receivers!

It is a pain, especially with the excellent new video capability of the 5100 and RX100-3.

Hopefully a 6100 won't be too far away, and will come with an IR port. Sony seems to have dumped them on the other models in favour of promoting WiFi remote.

tnapoleon74

Here is a set up for the A6000. The Taping of the IR is super clunky but works. The A6000 API doesn't allow video start stop. The video records locally at HD and the HDMI supplies the monitor.

https://draw123blog.wordpress.com

I removed the app and now use the DFR Robot Andurio Controller. This controls the Gimbal separately from the Drone. I found with the Gimbal moving to a pancake lens made all the difference. I use it on a tripod for sports filming. The new DGI OSMO can do a lot of this but the latency of the video on the iPhone is an issue. This has almost no latency and the image quality is really good. Requires a ton of work to put together.

Tim

Dell

Instead of simple Shutter/Video control you can get almost full control above your SONY camera with
AIR Commander!

You can change all MENU intems,
-ISO
-PASM modes
-Exposure correction
...and dozens and dozens of other parameters...

For all details check:
http://lab.airpixel.cz/en/commander/

promo.jpg