Mikrokopter Compass always oscillating, can't fly.

zaGURUinzaSKY

hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the compass of my octo, as you can see from the attached picture it moves in a range of about 20° (with copter still).

In this video you can see the result (if that is the cause), I'm in mode 3 throttle reversed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgMxRuvu_YM

View attachment 2996

This screenshot has been taken with the copter motors off and the copter still on the ground.

I also tried to change the compass value in Misc page of koptertool from 64 to 0, same problem, as soon as I throttle up the copter starts to yaw left/right like crazy.

Any idea ?

Can be a broken compass to be replaced ?

Attachments

• mktool screenshot.JPG
    mktool screenshot.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 336

Hi zaGURU,
I had the same issue with my hexa... In my case, the cause was RFI/EMI coming from cables...
All of the motor cables were passing through the center hole in the plate, same for battery cales and so on...
Now all the motor cables comes out og the boom abd go straight to the outer ring between the plates, and connected from there.
I've weaved all the small cables around and added a plastic board to the electronic tower: that board has thin alu foils glued on both faces (2 or 3 on each face)
and is placed between FC and Navi.
Now I don't have the compass bouncing anymore...
Hope this will help
Happy landings
Ivano

There is a very quick an easy work around for this that may be easier then that reconfiguration. If it is a Cinestar you can get the new 45 degree navi mount that removes the navi from the interference and locates it out on a boom. You can also turn the compass off as well. As long as you don't use carefree mode or POI stuff you will see no changes in flight by doing. Go to the "misc" tab in the MK tool and change your "compass value" from the stock setting of around 64 to "0". This tells the compass to stop imputing any movements and should fix your problem. Let me know if it works!