CNCHeli's Flamewheel/NAZA kit

Hi.
Has anyone purchased this kit from CNCHelicopters?

From reading the forum, most seem to replace the props with Graupner 11 x 5's which is easy enough to do, what about the motor and ESC's?

DJI FlameWheel F450 Multirotor ARF With Naza Flight controller
Package includes:
1xF450 frame kit ( need simple assemble)
1x Naza Flight controller
4x DJI 2215 Brushless motor(905rpm/V)
4x DJI Propellers(10x4.5)
4x DJI 30A Brushless ESC

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi.
Has anyone purchased this kit from CNCHelicopters?

From reading the forum, most seem to replace the props with Graupner 11 x 5's which is easy enough to do, what about the motor and ESC's?

DJI FlameWheel F450 Multirotor ARF With Naza Flight controller
Package includes:
1xF450 frame kit ( need simple assemble)
1x Naza Flight controller
4x DJI 2215 Brushless motor(905rpm/V)
4x DJI Propellers(10x4.5)
4x DJI 30A Brushless ESC

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

11 x 5 Graupners are too big, the 10 x 5 work much better. All the parts in the kit work well but if you prefer to do it yourself you can buy just the Naza controller and a Flamewheel frame and go from there but you probably won't save much if any $ over just buying the kit.

It's also available from RChobbyhelicopter.com and DJIUSA.com and probably a couple other places in the USA by now as well.

I like the one I have, although if I had known they were coming out with a version that can use 4S packs I would have waited and gotten that one instead just to have a little extra power for carry a payload.

Ken

Tomstoy2

I ordered a WKM and got a free Flame Wheel with it.

I have to admit, I was so impressed with the quality of the Flame Wheel!!! Just can't believe something of such high quality came out of China!

Not putting the WKM on the FW, but now I'm considering ordering a Naza to go with it.

I like the one I have, although if I had known they were coming out with a version that can use 4S packs I would have waited and gotten that one instead just to have a little extra power for carry a payload.
Ken

RTRyder,
Are there different versions of the NAZA controller that allow the use of 4S battery packs now? I was only thinking about 3S 2200 x 2 (in parrallel) to balance things out.

Thanks also for the comment on the 10 x 5's
Dale.

I ordered a WKM and got a free Flame Wheel with it.

I have to admit, I was so impressed with the quality of the Flame Wheel!!! Just can't believe something of such high quality came out of China!

Not putting the WKM on the FW, but now I'm considering ordering a Naza to go with it.

Tomstoy2,
I like the idea of GPS hold and RTH features of the WK, it's just hard to justify the difference between the NAZA and WK prices.

Tahoe Ed

RTRyder,
Are there different versions of the NAZA controller that allow the use of 4S battery packs now? I was only thinking about 3S 2200 x 2 (in parrallel) to balance things out.

Thanks also for the comment on the 10 x 5's
Dale.

Dale, the new versions of the kit allow for 4S. It was a motor issue that limited them to 3S. Check with the reseller to make sure that they have the 4S version in stock. The VU is rated to 6S.

WillM

11 x 5 Graupners are too big, the 10 x 5 work much better. All the parts in the kit work well but if you prefer to do it yourself you can buy just the Naza controller and a Flamewheel frame and go from there but you probably won't save much if any $ over just buying the kit.

I have the same question as the OP.

Are the DJI motors and ESCs included with the kit acceptable, good, or great? Are there alternative choices that make for a better platform?

One of the reasons I'm curious is that I'm tempted to go with the WK-M, which comes with a Flamewheel but without motors & ESCs.

I've been reading up for a while, registered here a few weeks ago, and am finally getting around to my first post (this is it). :)

Thanks everyone for the great info on this site!

Cheers,

Will

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have the same question as the OP.

Are the DJI motors and ESCs included with the kit acceptable, good, or great? Are there alternative choices that make for a better platform?

One of the reasons I'm curious is that I'm tempted to go with the WK-M, which comes with a Flamewheel but without motors & ESCs.

I've been reading up for a while, registered here a few weeks ago, and am finally getting around to my first post (this is it). :)

Thanks everyone for the great info on this site!

Cheers,

Will

If you just want something to fly around all the kit parts work well. If you have plans to do more than just fly or FPV flying then you may want to "roll your own" with different motors and ESCs that can be used on a larger/different frame at some point. The motors and ESCs that come in the kit are good pieces and they work well but certainly not up to the quality standard of something like an AXI motor. The ESCs are likely OEM Hobbywing and are rated at 30 amp so there's potential to use them with bigger motors if the amp rating is correct.

Bottom line is you need to decide what it is you want from the kit and if it will meet your needs. It's meant to be an entry to intermediate level almost RTF kit that can be assembled without needing any advanced skills and flown by just about anybody. If you're looking for a higher level of capability and expandability then the kit may not be what you need, only you can make that determination, but it certainly is a complete, easy to assemble kit that works far better than anything else I've seen on the market and the price is quite reasonable.

Ken

Hi Ken.
I'm really interested in FPV flying. Both with a FPV cam and a recording cam (separate).

Wondering about your experience with the GoPro (167g) vs your thoughts about the Replay XD (85g)? I've watched the vid on line and read what I can find and am leaning towards the ReplayXD. Price seems to be about the same but the form factor and mounting options seem to be flexible for both units.

Dale, the new versions of the kit allow for 4S. It was a motor issue that limited them to 3S. Check with the reseller to make sure that they have the 4S version in stock. The VU is rated to 6S.

Thank you Tahoe Ed. I'll make certain that I get the latest version that will handel the 4S batteries.