Mikrokopter Cinestar 8 Newbee Question

I am building my first Cinestar 8 and have done most of the work. I already have done all the basic setup in my MX-20 HOTT receiver and when using mktools all the controls appear to be functioning as set. I was going to just try and start up the motors before taking it out for it's first flight but when I bring up the throttle using just the receiver and nothing happens. I have tested all the motors using the mktools app and they work. Do I have to take it out and set the gps and set the compass before the engines will start? Is there a start up sequence proticol I don't know about. I have tried researching this but can't find anything. Like I said I am very new to this, sorry if this is to basic a question.

ChrisViperM

Depending on your ESC's you might need to calibrate the endpoints of your transmitter to your ESC's....normally the "how-to" should be written in the manual of your ESC's. Also check the manual of MKtools for calibrating procedures....

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Hmm I believe everything is calibrated, motors just will not run when I throttle up. I was wondering if there is a safety protocal that you have to make the sticks do in order to make the motors turn like. Not sure what else to do. I've followed all directions given by the quadracopter dvd as far as assembly and setting perimeters. Any help would be great. I've been searching online and read the Graupner hott manual but can't figure this out. I'm sure it's something simple and I'm just so new to this i'm not recognizing what I have to do.

Sanderx

There is a start up protocol:

Move the left (throttle) stick to the upper left to calibrate the gyros. You should hear a few beeps (if you have a buzzer installed). To start the motors you move the throttle stick to the lower right corner. The motors should start. If you have the mk settings set up that the motors won't start if there is no GPS fix then you would need to wait until the blue light on the GPS starts blinking. If you have set the feature in mk tools that the motors won't start if you haven't inserted a micro ad card you need to do that as well (or change the settings in mk-tools). I hope this helps.

ravenx

on my Cinestar 8 it will not start if the compass is not calibrated. When building it is important to calibrate to compensate for the local magnetic field. I then have to put the throttle stick to top left to set the accelerometers to level and then smart as normal with throttle stick down to right. Sorry is I an stating the obvious

Thanks guys. Nothing is obvious to me at this point. thanks so much for your helping me trouble shoot this. I did the protocol for calibrating the compass as Andy showed on his dvd disk. All the chirps and such happened so I assumed that the compass is calibrated but when I take it back and look at the drone in mk tools that little compass line is still waggling like it's not calibrated even though I got all the correct little chirps and such. I did the calibration far away from my house with all electronics far away. Maybe I"m doing something wrong with that. I tried the gyro calibration and got the beeps but still when I put the throttle in the lower right corner to start the motors nothing. I'm going to get a mini sd card since I don't have one installed maybe that is it even though I have uncheck the boxes.

ravenx

On the new firmware there is a checkbox to prevent the motors from starting if the minSd is missing. Make sure this checkbox is set correctly. ie if you don't have a minSD then make sure the koptertools reflects this

juliantxu

Julian
Same problem

Andy, I have exactly the same problem as David, and nothing seems to work. However, I can't understand why If i pull all the way down the left stick (throttle) and at the same time manipulate the SW8 switch on the Graupner MX20, the motors start! but then I need to disconnect the battery to turn them off. Also, They would not start again the same way, some times the buzzer will beep as I switch that knob on again (SW8) holding down the throttle. And its incomprehensible why, as that switch is programmed for triggering the camera. Anyway, the camera gimbal is still not attached or assembled. The programing is exactly as you described on your DVD, and on MKtools, the options for SD Card missing and GPS fix missing are disabled. Any advice? Thanks.

juliantxu

Julian
Andy, I have exactly the same problem as David, and nothing seems to work. However, I can't understand why If i pull all the way down the left stick (throttle) and at the same time manipulate the SW8 switch on the Graupner MX20, the motors start! but then I need to disconnect the battery to turn them off. Also, They would not start again the same way, some times the buzzer will beep as I switch that knob on again (SW8) holding down the throttle. And its incomprehensible why, as that switch is programmed for triggering the camera. Anyway, the camera gimbal is still not attached or assembled. The programing is exactly as you described on your DVD, and on MKtools, the options for SD Card missing and GPS fix missing are disabled. Any advice? Thanks.

I've somehow managed to solve the quoted issue. On MKtools, flight ctrl settings, on the easy setup tab, uncheck the parameter that reads mode: motor start/stop--> gas 0 &motor switch on/off. That will allow to start stop the motors anytime desired by taking the throttle to lower left corner, and stop them by taking the same throttle to the lower right corner.