CineStar 8 MK with Transport Canada SFOC Approval Application Document

RCMedia

I have for sale my CineStar 8 Mikrokopter - Bind & Fly. I used this system last summer for aerial photography and video in Ontario Canada. I currently hold Transport Canada SFOC approval to fly in controlled & uncontrolled airspace in Ontario Canada. This year I am looking to upgrade to a new copter but need to sell this system first. The copter has around 30-40 flights on it but is still rock solid in the air. I have kept the copter in good condition and regularly maintained the system as required to legally fly in Canada. What I am selling is the Cinestar 8 copter that is ready to fly. Just bind the copter with your Spectrum radio. The camera system I am offering with the copter is a PhotoHigher AV200 with the Skyline RSGS Gimbal Stabilization controller. The only required parts for the gimbal is the video down link and ground station as I am keeping my system to use on my new copter. There will be 2x lipo batteries supplied with the AV200 gimbal to power the system. Also 2x Venom 14.8v 5000mah 35C Lipo batteries for the copter.

I have also decided that if someone in Canada is interested in buying this system I am wiling to provide my Transport Canada SFOC application as a reference guide so you can easily apply for approval to legally fly this copter as a business in Canada. Just change out the information to match your personal information and provide the document to Transport Canada in your province.

This is a great deal and opportunity I am providing so don't wait and pass this up.

Price for everything mentioned $5,750 CND

If there are any questions please feel free to contact me at shea.rcmedia@gmail.com

View attachment 16523View attachment 16524View attachment 16525
CineStar-8 Basic Kit - Assembled & Ready to Fly

Scope of Delivery:

• CineStar 8 Carbon Fiber Frame Kit
  • Flight Control V2.5 ME
  • Okto XL Pre-Soldered Bl-Ctrl V2.0 Power Distribution Board
  • 2x Venom 14.8v 5000mah 35c Lipo Batterys
  • 12 Gauge Silicone with EC5 for power leads
  • 4x - APC 14x5.5 Multi-Rotor Propeller Pairs w/adapter rings + 4x Extra pairs
  • 8x - QC-3328 Brushless Motors
  • Molex Cable for receiver
  • 3x - Flex LED Tape for lighting in blue and red
  • Heat Shrink Wrap for solder joints
  • Red and Black Silicone Wire for lighting
  • 12 Gauge Silicone and EC5 for power lead
  • PCB Extension Set
  • Buzzer Adapter
  • Velcro Strap
  • M3x15 Bolts
  • M3 Nuts
  • M3x15 Vibration Dampeners for Flight Control
  • M3x8 Screws
  • M6 Nyloc Nuts

Skyline RSGS Gimbal Stabilisation - The new high-tech Skyline RSGS rock solid gimbal stabilisation gyro system from Photo Higher is an upgrade for your existing AV130 or AV200 to provide rock solid gimbal stabilisation. This is achieved by using state of the art ARM processors and advanced PID control.

AV200 Gimbal
The AV200 is a professional camera gimbal, suitable for the Canon 5Dmk2 or 7D. This is available with either 2 axes or 3 axes gimbal rotation.

PhotoHigher AV200 Pan 360 with Skids
This is an optional upgrade and can bolt on directly to the current Av200 gimbals. The gimbal is also supplied with an adaptor plate for Droidworx multi-rotor frames.

Attachments

• IMG_7286.jpg
    IMG_7286.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_7287.jpg
    IMG_7287.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_7288.jpg
    IMG_7288.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 422

I think it's wrong use the Transport Canada Application SFOC application to aid in the sale of your unit. Creating the SFOC application is a document that all business owners and pilots should carefully write. It highlights failsafes, emergency procedures and the limits of the machines, certainly not something that should be rushed through or "fill in the blanks". We want the industry to be safer and more reliable. It is important to take your time when writing the application to thoroughly understand the "rules" you are creating for your team and company to abide by. Shame on you for using this as leverage to sell your unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

RCMedia

Hello JustinTanny,

I appreciate the concern you have. Essentially, the information you complete for Transport Canada is fill in the blanks. So look at that how you decide to. I am providing a document which provides thorough information on the safety mechanisms and characteristics of the item I am selling, which simply being responsible. I struggled against people like yourself who had no interest in helping me understand what was required of my business operations, and there was no "how to" write up on creating an SFOC 6 years ago. I am tired of people that don't want to help each other, if I can provide the details of this copter in addition to the other fields that require completion such as "safety procedures" "emergency landings" and so on, why should I not? I am not handing out MY businesses information, just the details of the product and blank fields for completion. Transport Canada has not already created a form like that because they would be completely overrun by small businesses trying to start up, more so than they already are. Anyway, thank you for your comment.

I disagree entirely...... it is far more important to have proactive QC control of the MR system starting at the bench testing level, proper preflight checks and extensive and challenging flying experience. An issued SFOC is a necessary but reactive approach and I am hearing of many SFOC flight failures...... likely due to excessive time dedicated to the paperwork and not enough of the previously mentioned procedures and skills.

To....RCMedia....good for you.... go for it!

I think it's wrong use the Transport Canada Application SFOC application to aid in the sale of your unit. Creating the SFOC application is a document that all business owners and pilots should carefully write. It highlights failsafes, emergency procedures and the limits of the machines, certainly not something that should be rushed through or "fill in the blanks". We want the industry to be safer and more reliable. It is important to take your time when writing the application to thoroughly understand the "rules" you are creating for your team and company to abide by. Shame on you for using this as leverage to sell your unit.