Cinestar 8, Droidworx EMC918 or Skyjib 8 ??

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Hi All,

I have a client interested in building the dogs danglies of a heli for hi end filming. (Flying a 3.6kg camera to start with, but capable of a bit more weight)

I can recommend the Cinestar 8 with the Cinestar gimbal, or possibly the Droidworx EMC or Skyjib with a photohigher gimbal.

I would lean towards the Cinestar and gimbal, but would like to hear from you all as to your preferences and why.

I would also like to compare gimbal stablisation systems and what your preference would be, which one works best??

Many thanks,

Gunter.

divertom80

I would like to hear peoples answers on this as I am
Ooking to buy a Cinestar 8 so hope people push in that direction.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye up Gunter.. where u been then?

As for the question... so what do you perceive as being the MTW? Thats a flaming BIG machine. That's got to be over a 12 kg TW machine. You should check out Kopterworx stuff on the biguns as they have built some monsters... I am not sure the cinister 8 is capable of that kind on TW.. I may be wrong. Alternatively I am sure there has got to be someone on build your own drones that would know the answer! ;-)
Also the implications legally of flying a machine like that are PITA. As soon as you go over the 7 kilo mark its big bucks for permissions every time you fly it ....legally anyhow.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Photronix

Pilot
We have some multi-rotor models not visible on our website capable of flying up to about 14 kg but more is possible in a custom build. The HoverflyPRO scales automatically and can utilize standard PWM ESCs.

Let me know if you want to discuss this.

www.hoverflytech.com

remyd

We have some multi-rotor models not visible on our website capable of flying up to about 14 kg but more is possible in a custom build. The HoverflyPRO scales automatically and can utilize standard PWM ESCs.

Let me know if you want to discuss this.

www.hoverflytech.com

Can you send me some information on these models (remyldehaan@gmail.com). Is that 14KG AOW or Payload? Eitherway i would be interested in finding out more.
Cheers,
Remy

ovdt

I also would be interested in hoverfly's big bird setups. Can u also pm me please?

Gunter, I am using both droidworx ad6 hl and cinestar 6&8 frames. What i can easily say is, cinestar is better in terms of rigidty, ease of setup and functionality. With Droidworx, there are some weak part like landing gear adaptor which mounts to the center plate. Plugging batteries to the top is also another simplicity when working.

Vibration isolation system on CS seems to work but they need some adjustment. You need to find some other o-rings with different softness for different cameras. It works good with heavy cameras.

My only concern would if Cinestar gimbal would be upgradeable to direct drive motor system or not, since there are plans for av200.
Thats why i am keeping my av200 :)

remyd

That would be 14kg payload.

I will email you.

Sounds very interesting. Thanks. I am sure others would like to know or i started a thread the other day - "heavy lifters where are we up to?" which would be good to disseminate what you have available in case others like me are looking.
Cheers,
Remy

Lanzar

Hello,

All of the sudden there is a huge demmand for the heawy lifters on the market. FIrst off all i dont realy get it why would somebody need more than 5 to 6kg payload ans till fly safe.

Cinestar and skyjib can be made to carry 6kg easy. With new hecules boards that are comming even with mikrokopter electronics we will be able to extend this to 10-12kg payload. (but 1 camera with all the stuff is maximum 6kg, 3kg epic, 1.2kg lense and u still have 1.8kg spare extra stuff). If u need more payload that means 6s with huge props, bigger motors and expensive batteries and a lot of them. To lift 12 kg payload + 10kg kopter u need a lot off power so flight time of min 6 min is hard to achive.

Othervise we have a 12kg easy payload craft ready and will be doing the first real shoot in 14 days for one company with this monster we call hammer. Max liftwe did was 20kg payload and 8kg kopter running 6s and 17 inch props. Dimensions of kopter are 80cmx80cm so also good for travel.
The ones who are folowing us on facebook have alredy seen the v1 of the hammer in the picture. Now we also have a specific mount for it which could carry 2xred and has perfect stabilization.
After we will be happy with testing it we will make a RTF avalible for customers also.
Stay tuned for more.

remyd

Thanks Lanzar. This info is relevant as well. People are looking for heavy lifters because payloads are different. In my case my camera is 8kg larger than red epic and others have been building multicopters for. Yes there are alternatives (helis etc) and i am still looking at what is available before i commit funds. Multicopters are also very stable but being electric are limited in endurance. Cost of these platforms is also a consideration. Forums like these provide a good place to start understanding what can be done or what is to ambitious. Thanks again.

remyd

That looks like a stock SJ8 in X8. Sweet. Maybe Ill convert mine too since all the parts are included in the kit.

Wouldn't you lose efficiency? I presume the extra thrust is prop/motor related. Can you tell the combination? The advantage might be running bigger props without needing bigger booms?
Thoughts?

Can you tell us more about this mount?

Hello,

All of the sudden there is a huge demmand for the heawy lifters on the market. FIrst off all i dont realy get it why would somebody need more than 5 to 6kg payload ans till fly safe.

Cinestar and skyjib can be made to carry 6kg easy. With new hecules boards that are comming even with mikrokopter electronics we will be able to extend this to 10-12kg payload. (but 1 camera with all the stuff is maximum 6kg, 3kg epic, 1.2kg lense and u still have 1.8kg spare extra stuff). If u need more payload that means 6s with huge props, bigger motors and expensive batteries and a lot of them. To lift 12 kg payload + 10kg kopter u need a lot off power so flight time of min 6 min is hard to achive.

Othervise we have a 12kg easy payload craft ready and will be doing the first real shoot in 14 days for one company with this monster we call hammer. Max liftwe did was 20kg payload and 8kg kopter running 6s and 17 inch props. Dimensions of kopter are 80cmx80cm so also good for travel.
The ones who are folowing us on facebook have alredy seen the v1 of the hammer in the picture. Now we also have a specific mount for it which could carry 2xred and has perfect stabilization.
After we will be happy with testing it we will make a RTF avalible for customers also.
Stay tuned for more.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
What happens if you make an X8 but have the bottom and top staggered 45 degrees? This way the motors in plan view are similar to an octo but you could put very large props on. The air would also have mostly clean flow as well. I think I might have seen this on that carbon fiber ring someone posted in the last month.

jes1111

What happens if you make an X8 but have the bottom and top staggered 45 degrees? This way the motors in plan view are similar to an octo but you could put very large props on. The air would also have mostly clean flow as well. I think I might have seen this on that carbon fiber ring someone posted in the last month.
IMO, more disadvantages than advantages. The props would overlap only partially, so lots of disturbed-airflow-issues and the weight of eight arms when four would have done the job. The oft-quoted "efficiency loss" of coaxial arrangements is offset by lower weight (4 less arms and mounts) and correct choice of propeller pitch for top/bottom. I also believe the generic flight characteristics of a coax are better than those of an equivalent flat layout.

Lanzar

The mounts is custom made. Tehnicall info is up to the creator. We just got it to test it since from what we have seen it is really good.

E-One

My only concern would if Cinestar gimbal would be upgradeable to direct drive motor system or not, since there are plans for av200.
Thats why i am keeping my av200 :)

Very,very kool thing for us :tennis:

Last edited by a moderator: