Chasing a MotoX rider with a wireless HD system.

ZAxis

Some really nice flying there.
how did you find the system? We have toyed with a Teradeck cube but have heard experiences of it that weren't that positive mainly the reconnect time if signal is lost. I was shown a nice bit of kit recently which was 4way diversity with 99km range..a cool £40k tho so a little out of my league! interested to see how you get on with this one though!
Lec

tstrike

pendejo grande
I've known gaylan for 20 years, he and a couple other guys went in on a heavy lifter a few months ago, not sure how that worked out for him. His system is pretty good but way expensive for the average guy.
Isn't his system heavy though?

Last edited by a moderator:

Some really nice flying there.
how did you find the system? We have toyed with a Teradeck cube but have heard experiences of it that weren't that positive mainly the reconnect time if signal is lost. I was shown a nice bit of kit recently which was 4way diversity with 99km range..a cool £40k tho so a little out of my league! interested to see how you get on with this one though!
Lec

This system had about 300+ yards of range with an HD signal and minimal delay. The range is longer if you can deal with more delay. Price is $20k. We would rent it for a shoot. We found it when we went hunting for a lightweight HD system for live broadcast.

I've known gaylan for 20 years, he and a couple other guys went in on a heavy lifter a few months ago, not sure how that worked out for him. His system is pretty good but way expensive for the average guy.
Isn't his system heavy though?

Gaylen was very helpful. He loaned us the system to try it out. It worked well. We would rent it for the right job.

Can I get her phone #? Nice work Ben. So you were flying FPV? Seems like you were LOS for most of it.

We were flying LOS. My camera op, Will, was using the HD link to monitor and record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Yonder_Blue_Films_MotoX.jpg
    Yonder_Blue_Films_MotoX.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 264

Ben, we've found the latency with the micolite to be pretty high, even in the best preset using the low latency sports/entertainment version. It doesn't seem suitable for fast action stuff. Did Will have any comments about that?

It's too bad because it's awesome otherwise. Connecting an Epic with a single, low profile BNC cable is pure heaven.

nick