Censorship, it just ain't right

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sorry, have to vent a bit here. I actively participate in another multirotor vendor specific forum that has apparently taken to censoring things that they personally don't approve of or any reference to manufacturers that won't let them sell their product and I think that's just wrong, period. I understand that it's their website and they can do whatever they please, but to automatically censor out the name of a specific product just because they can't sell it is about as juvenile a reaction as I can think of to being turned down as a reseller.

Anyway, I'm not liking the trend I see developing there and I think my time being an active participant and supporter of that forum is coming to an end, after all if you cannot have an open discussion of the options available for a certain product just because the forum owner doesn't like that product, what's the point of staying.

I think there's an opportunity here to have those kinds of open exchanges without having to deal with censorship and attitude, lets keep it that way and discuss things on the merits of the product and not the likes and dislikes of the powers that be.

Ken

Lets just say I know who you're talking about and I agree 100%. It's gonna get hard to trust info when there is a certain agenda involved. Not to mention I've been censored over there trying to help someone. I wasn't even suggesting a product just a different site to get info and it censored me. That's when I knew things were getting weird. I can't help you because this help site won't let me help you???

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Lets just say I know who you're talking about and I agree 100%. It's hard gonna get hard to trust info when there is a certain agenda involved. Not to mention I've been censored over there trying to help someone. I wasn't even suggesting a product just a different site to get info and it censored me. That's when I knew things were getting weird. I can't help you because this help site won't let me help you???

RHP, glad to have you on board here! Also nice to know it isn't just me that is seeing that trend. It's unfortunate but when you own the forum you get to make the rules but no one has to to stay and play by them if they don't want to.

P.S. I haven't given up on the Canon Vixia yet, I know it's high frequency vibes in the frame causing the problem I just need to find a way to squash them to an acceptable level.

Ken

matwelli

there is no need for censorship, over at a site I moderate www.parkflyers.org.nz the ONLY moderating we have ever done is to remove spam posts. any decent group ends up being self censoring/regulationg . the parkflyers site runs a filter to block swear words (keeps the site PG13) . any site with an agenda needs to be avoided , lets make sure that dosent happen here :)

RHP, glad to have you on board here! Also nice to know it isn't just me that is seeing that trend. It's unfortunate but when you own the forum you get to make the rules but no one has to to stay and play by them if they don't want to.

P.S. I haven't given up on the Canon Vixia yet, I know it's high frequency vibes in the frame causing the problem I just need to find a way to squash them to an acceptable level.

Ken
I can understand how it would be hard to keep the two separate but it's also easy to understand why people would have a problem with loaded information. I still like the forum and the people there are great but it does seem more and more controlled and products are starting to be pushed.
I will post some footage from a week ago Ken to show you that my Vixia definitely does not do what yours was doing in your video. I may or may not stabilize it before I put it on Youtube but you will still be able see it does not blur. It's pretty bad as it is though mostly because I've not dialed in the MKTR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi, I perfectly know what you are talking about. I asked him twice if I could talk about my frames, his moderator gave me the permission. 2weeks later he was asking me "money for the advertising" ^^ and deleted my post. I can undertsand in a certain measure: it's his board, his shop, he's the boss of the place. Even if I have been respectfull (no links to my shop, no webadress), even if I'm not selling at all the same products => delete.
well he's the boss, he do what he wants.
But I really can't understand why he deleted the post about the Xaircraft, it's... a nonsense! People ask for informations, reply, etc.. and ... POUF! magic! it's deleted !
The board was very sympathic but the owner turn it into something without soul.

DennyR

I know where you guys are coming from. I did have a lot of problems with MK and felt that I was doing a disservice to the site owner by venting over my disgust at some of the stuff I paid good money for.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I have no intention of opening a shop attached to this website. If I have something to sell I'll do it in the classifieds like everyone else.
The benefit of having a central site is that we can discuss and support people who are serving the hobby well with good products, good services, and reasonable prices. The truth eventually comes out whether it's here or elsewhere but, without a shop to support me, you are all free to share your experiences here without worry (unless you want to disrespect the site, then you're banned for life :) )
Anyway, enjoy the site, share what you can, and feel free to ask any and all questions.
Bart

zorba

I'm glad that I found you guys here. I am fed up with the whole deal also.
Is fine to run a shop and a forum for your clients and other MK enthusias, but you have to keep the two seperate.
Nothing is wrong with the forum, I learned alot since I joined but to sencorship links and products that others found usefull and trying to pass the information to the rest of the members in not acceptable to me anyway.

So here I am and here to stay and hopping to learn some more.

Cheers
Bill

Crash

Defies Psychics
I know where you guys are coming from. I did have a lot of problems with MK and felt that I was doing a disservice to the site owner by venting over my disgust at some of the stuff I paid good money for.

I agree, that's why you should go to the .de forum and tell the developers right to their face. :):);):cool:

I miss the comments from Crash on the other site, Is he really busy or did they piss him off?
No, I just got busy doing other things. Simple as that. And in two or three months from now when I have a chance to catch up, I will be a noob yet again. As fast as stuff is advancing I think I will be a perpetual noob. But don't slow down guys.

As far as the censorship goes: It's (mikrokopter.us) a web store with a forum for a specific product selection. While I don't agree with censorship, a store owner has a right to promote his products and even censor opinions. It is not a protected 1st amendment right in the USA.

Make no mistake though, I have a right to go elsewhere.

That said, there are websites that are better for some information and other websites that are better for other information. Of course, that includes this site also.