CC3D vs. 3DR Radio vs. RDF900+ Radio

Not_Sure

Hi All,

I have an interesting challenge. The back-story is that I paired a new CC3D with an existing pair of 3DR radios. They worked perfectly, right from the start. No configuration required. After the first flight with this hardware I found that I no longer had telemetry. One of the radios had failed. I replaced it with a RFD900+, since that would make a good ground station radio, compatible with another project.

Where I'm at now is that I can use Mission Planner Initial Config and find both radios. I can load and save settings. The two radios go solid green as though they are connected. However, when I try to "Connect" with Mission Planner, it times out with a no heartbeat packets error.

My questions to the community are:
Any suggestions on what I might be missing?
Is there special firmware to use 3DR radios with CC3D?

Many thanks for any help!

Chris

Not_Sure

Hi All,

I have an interesting challenge. The back-story is that I paired a new CC3D with an existing pair of 3DR radios. They worked perfectly, right from the start. No configuration required. After the first flight with this hardware I found that I no longer had telemetry. One of the radios had failed. I replaced it with a RFD900+, since that would make a good ground station radio, compatible with another project.

Where I'm at now is that I can use Mission Planner Initial Config and find both radios. I can load and save settings. The two radios go solid green as though they are connected. However, when I try to "Connect" with Mission Planner, it times out with a no heartbeat packets error.

My questions to the community are:
Any suggestions on what I might be missing?
Is there special firmware to use 3DR radios with CC3D?

Many thanks for any help!

Chris
A little more detail - The remote radio appears to be chattering away. The red LED flashes with lots of activity. The local end shows no red activity, just a solid green link.

violetwolf

Also the baud rate needs to be set differently for USB vs radios when connecting Mission Planner.. This one bites me every time lol