MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Can't seem to calibrate my MicroWii ATmega32U4 board

Lagreca

I have this HobbyKing flight controller: MultiWii MicroWii ATmega32U4 Flight Controller USB/BARO/ACC/MAG

I put MultiWii 2.2 on it, connect to it fine with the configuration utility, but I can never get the roll and pitch to calibrate. It's sitting perfectly flat on my table top, and both roll and pitch are way off. This is what my config utility looks like when the board is level:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fws4dkddi679ge/Screenshot 2013-10-13 16.01.33.png

Currently when I calibrate my board, I just put it on my table which is level and still, and click the "CALIB_MAG" and "CALIB_ACC". What is the proper/best way to calibrate both the magnetometer AND the accelerometer?

Is it possible I can't calibrate this board because it's faulty?

Thank you.

Electro 2

Calibrating mag and accels are totally seperate, unrelated, operations. For accels, aircraft must be level, hit cal acc, you'll see the acc data trace on the realtime graph dip and pop back up, and you're done. For mag, hit cal mag, hit the verify/challenge/begin box, pick the aircraft up and do the standard rotation of 360 degrees in all axes slowly and set it down. You have 60 seconds to complete this operation. You can tell when the 60 second are up by wathing the FC status lights. That's it, it's calibrated. I usually check that the aircraft facing East shows as East, North as North, etc to ensure the compass cal is good afterward. If not, repeat. Gyros cal at FC boot, i.e. after connecting the battery. It's important that the aircraft remain totally motion-free during this breif period, otherwise, a bad cal will result and most likely a "flop-over" at take off.

Electro 2

Also, don't ever reflash different versions or config.h changes, without totally clearing the EEPROM first using the EEPROM clear routine in the Arduino tool. The parameter tables don't always overwrite in the correct manner. Strange, "wacko", results can occur.

Lagreca

I did NOT clear my EEPROM when changing versions. So I looked around and found instructions on how to do that here: http://goo.gl/xd0mjI

It's a very easy process:

1. Start the Arduino IDE with your mwii hooked up (and with the correct settings: comport/arduino)
2. Go to files -> examples -> eeprom -> eeprom_clear
3. Upload that sketch
4. Done

Thanks for the tips!