can't get of the ground! radio help

I-cant-fly

I have a new Fubata t8j and the new naza v2 I can't get it programmed to fly. I have it wired s-bus way witch should work. I found 1 video on YouTube but its for the naza m with a different dji software. I sure do need help programming this thing. I want to kick it. tried to fly 2 times 1st time it jumped up to the right and flip up side down. 2nd time same thing Only jump left? also dji changed the way it takes off you have to be over 50 percent throttle and it pops of the ground about 2feet. check out dji about the new take of mode a lot of people don't like this. it was done for new user to get it up . I NEED PROGRAMMING HELP BAD! I'll pay millions for some help! I'm not a newbie. built a scratch 450 flys great.
i-cant-fly

RobertsUp

I can't address issues with the s-bus because I'm using a DX8. My scratch F450 is new and flies great also. Before it's 1st flight I had the top plate off and was fooling around with calibrating the esc's when I discovered that two of the leads from the receiver were plugged into the wrong ports on the Naza fc. If I hadn't discovered my mistake the craft would have flipped on it's first flight too. Yours doesn't sound like a programming problem. Flipping over comes from a motor spinning the wrong way, or a prop being on the wrong motor. Or 2 cables being plugged into the wrong ports.

I like the new mode of takeoff. I have total control over how high it goes after the motors rev up. And they don't rev up fast. At least if just creeping throttle up past 50%. Once the motors rev up one can immediately lower the throttle below 50% and gain finer control of how it lifts off. In testing I learned that I can also make it take off like a rocket.

(Sending an invoice for the 1st million) :tennis:

Best, Rob

I have a new Fubata t8j and the new naza v2 I can't get it programmed to fly. I have it wired s-bus way witch should work. I found 1 video on YouTube but its for the naza m with a different dji software. I sure do need help programming this thing. I want to kick it. tried to fly 2 times 1st time it jumped up to the right and flip up side down. 2nd time same thing Only jump left? also dji changed the way it takes off you have to be over 50 percent throttle and it pops of the ground about 2feet. check out dji about the new take of mode a lot of people don't like this. it was done for new user to get it up . I NEED PROGRAMMING HELP BAD! I'll pay millions for some help! I'm not a newbie. built a scratch 450 flys great.
i-cant-fly

Last edited by a moderator:

i-cant-fly
I too love the new takeoff mode and it's designed specifically to deal with the MR flipping because of operator error. So if it's flipping, I would agree with Robert that your issue sounds more like a build problem, not a transmitter programming problem.
- Have you verified in the software assistant that all your controls are doing exactly what you want them to do?
- Have you verified your throttle, yaw, pitch, and roll, all move in the assistant software correctly?
- Have you verified your MAN/ATT/GPS switch is configured correctly? As well as your IOC mode?
- Have you run the transmitter calibration in the assistant software?
- Have you calibrated your compass?
These are all critical setup steps that we would need to know if you've done them before we can help diagnose the problem further. You may have an issue with your Naza gains, but if you use the defaults suggested in the Naza manual, you should be able to takeoff not problem.

One last note: Naza V2 setup will be exactly like a Naza V1 setup, so the videos on Youtube should work for you just as fine. The Assistant Software screen might be a tad different, but the same setting are in both. (Naza M is just the "M"ultirotor version, and comes in V1 and V2 versions.)

Video will also help us gives some ideas.

Maybe you already checked all this, but Sounds like your Naza IMU x,y,z parameters may need to be validated.

if you have calibrated, checked props, check IMU direction, check GPS (if you have one) directions... what is your IMU x,y,z settings look like for IMU and GPS? Where does it sit, in respect to your CG?

video and picture will help a ton to give more ideas.

KS

I too love the new takeoff mode and it's designed specifically to deal with the MR flipping because of operator error. So if it's flipping, I would agree with Robert that your issue sounds more like a build problem, not a transmitter programming problem.
- Have you verified in the software assistant that all your controls are doing exactly what you want them to do?
- Have you verified your throttle, yaw, pitch, and roll, all move in the assistant software correctly?
- Have you verified your MAN/ATT/GPS switch is configured correctly? As well as your IOC mode?
- Have you run the transmitter calibration in the assistant software?
- Have you calibrated your compass?
These are all critical setup steps that we would need to know if you've done them before we can help diagnose the problem further. You may have an issue with your Naza gains, but if you use the defaults suggested in the Naza manual, you should be able to takeoff not problem.

One last note: Naza V2 setup will be exactly like a Naza V1 setup, so the videos on Youtube should work for you just as fine. The Assistant Software screen might be a tad different, but the same setting are in both. (Naza M is just the "M"ultirotor version, and comes in V1 and V2 versions.)

I-cant-fly

thanks that's what I came up with to. always something so simple it makes it harder yo find sometimes 1 motor esc wires were wrong! €<*#^¥!! your check is in the mail! thanks a lot
i-cant-fly
I can't address issues with the s-bus because I'm using a DX8. My scratch F450 is new and flies great also. Before it's 1st flight I had the top plate off and was fooling around with calibrating the esc's when I discovered that two of the leads from the receiver were plugged into the wrong ports on the Naza fc. If I hadn't discovered my mistake the craft would have flipped on it's first flight too. Yours doesn't sound like a programming problem. Flipping over comes from a motor spinning the wrong way, or a prop being on the wrong motor. Or 2 cables being plugged into the wrong ports.

I like the new mode of takeoff. I have total control over how high it goes after the motors rev up. And they don't rev up fast. At least if just creeping throttle up past 50%. Once the motors rev up one can immediately lower the throttle below 50% and gain finer control of how it lifts off. In testing I learned that I can also make it take off like a rocket.

(Sending an invoice for the 1st million) :tennis:

Best, Rob