Canadian in Germany for a bit! (but then back to Canada)

Star Raider

Afternoon Everyone! (Or morning to some)

My name is Corey and I'm brand new to the drone sector here. I'm planning on doing a budget friendly drone build, but im looking for some starting points. I think the tutorials and how to's, is probably the best place to start!

My plan: is to build a 4 motor drone.
  • Basic and simple
  • Relatively small
  • Upgradable (in the future)
I've watched this YouTube video here:

This has given me some insight/ideas of what I would like to do, and keeping it as simple as possible.

I am in no ways a programmer or electrical engineer, but I plan on researching as much as I can over the next few weeks, and look at completing this project hopefully throughout the next few months. I'm sure I could easily just buy one built already, but I would like to learn the process as well, so I can make future upgrades and adjustments.

I look forward to all your support and help in getting started!

Star Raider

Two major questions:

Software:

Looking for software that I can use to build concept projects... Something that would allow me to easy manipulate known screws and construction materials, that I might be able to come up with a design for a Quad Copter.

Looking for software that I can link to my Quad Copter, so I can possibly in the future, flight plan, and gain aeronautical information... Vertical Speed, Altitude, GPS, velocity... etc

If you have some tips for those, that would be greatly appreciated! I will continue to browse around the forums! Just so many ideas... But my goal is keeping it simple, these are future items... Lets just get into the air first.

RENOV8R

Hi Corey, I'm new to the forum (haven't even had a chance to introduce myself yet) and also from Canada. I don't have a Pixhawk but I know a couple guys who use them and can tell you that they're a very good FC, highly programmable and well suited for larger AV multirotors over 450mm.